WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is looking for a dynamic and committed Partnership Manager to join our Partner Relations Team, one of four subdivisions of WE’s Development Department. The Partnership Manager serves as the primary point of contact for a portfolio of corporate and major gift foundation partners and manages donor stewardship activities for their portfolio. The Partnership Manager will work under the leadership of the Director of Partner Relations. The Partner Relations team is responsible for growing and maintaining the organization’s position as the charity of choice amongst 100 per cent of its partners. The candidate should have a minimum of 1 to 3 years of progressive donor stewardship experience and/or a strong customer service, project management background and sales experience.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street).
- Reports to and takes direction from the Director of Partner Relations
- Guides relationship management and donor stewardship of corporate partners
- Manage sponsorship fulfillment of major corporate partnerships for a series of large scale events
- Information management and project management relating to complex multi-year partnership commitments
- Represents WE and the organization’s priorities to their portfolio corporate and foundation partners and represents the partners’ needs and interests to other WE departments internally
- Accountable for maintaining the health and success of their portfolio of partners with a key focus on partner retention, growth and expansion and also escalation of any new opportunities or risks associated with their portfolio
- Execute on strategies that drive long-term corporate and major gift foundation engagement
- Support the design and delivery of third party events hosted by major partners including serving as an ambassador of WE at these events, preparation of event reports and compilation of materials for external events
- Responsible for ideation and execution of creative employee engagement activities to deepen partner pride and cement partner loyalty
- Takes a leadership role on the reporting, project planning and tracking of all partnership deliverables and milestones
What you bring:
- Postsecondary Degree in related field (business, marketing, communications, project management etc.)
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of trends in corporate social responsibility, corporate philanthropy and cause marketing, youth empowerment and international development
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills in all internal and external relations
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities within tight deadlines
- Very keen eye for detail
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to navigate difficult conversations with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to work well both independently and within a team setting
- Excellent comprehension and ease with the application of Microsoft Office programs, particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Familiarity with creating new documents using Adobe InDesign
- Familiarity with using a CRM system; experience using Salesforce is an asset
- Outstanding work ethic and proven ability to take initiative and remain organized and solution driven
- Positive attitude, high energy, flexible and enthusiastic
- Background in sponsorship fulfillment is consider an asset
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.