Reporting to the Administrator, the Manager, Individual Giving & Capital Campaign will work as part of the senior leadership team in developing and executing strategies to cultivate and secure major gifts and assure appropriate and timely recognition and ongoing stewardship. This position will manage a portfolio of new and existing major gift donors for the Society’s various campaigns, and in particular, for the pending capital campaign for the construction of new Villa Cathay.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promotes and demonstrates through example the mission, values, and culture of Villa Cathay. Demonstrates commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Overall coordination and success of the capital campaign. Works closely with the Fundraising Steering Committee (FSC) to identify target audience(s), creates and implements detailed action plans, and works with FSC to maximize synergies.
- Balances time-cost ratios to focus efforts on community and corporate fundraising.
- Develops and implement a capital campaign strategies and effectively communicate to relevant stakeholders. Creates a brochure and Villa Cathay web link that informs and motivates individuals / organizations to contribute. Effectively uses the media to raise awareness of Villa Cathay’s work and goals and serves as a spokesperson regarding the capital campaign when delegated.
- Engages major individual and corporate donors in a manner which maximizes potential long-term giving opportunities. Implements and refines as required, the capital fundraising Ladder of Giving, including benefits and naming opportunities.
- Plans and successfully runs creative fundraising activities and events.
- Ensures that a relational "friend" raising database is developed and implemented (e.g., ensuring regular feedback of information and delivery of agreed benefits).
- Supports campaign volunteers in executing the campaign strategy; managing fundraising activities, preparing proposals and providing the required support and training to volunteers; participates on solicitation calls with volunteers as well as independently; completes follow-up to donor meetings.
- Works with volunteers, physicians and hospital staff in identifying individual donor prospects, and developing cultivation strategies for these prospects.
- Through personal networks and in conjunction with the Villa Cathay Board of Directors and other key constituents, makes direct approaches for funding in a professional manner.
- Ensures that all fundraising activities comply with the requirements of relevant legislation (e.g. Charities Act, Data Protection Act, privacy legislation), and works to ensure fundraising minimizes taxes to the extent possible. Ensures consistent application of Villa Cathay policies and procedures, and support program policy and procedure development as needed.
- Records details of all donor interactions in Raisers Edge, including tracking of pledges, prospect management, and generating reports.
- Writes successful grant applications (charitable trusts and foundations).
- Performs any and all duties and responsibilities associated with Campaigns as assigned by the President, which may include working during both regular and extended hours in locations identified by Villa Cathay, and on occasion, other temporary duties may be required.
Education, Training and Experience
- University Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience. CFRE or FAHP designation preferred.
- Minimum of five years recent related experience
- Current and satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Persons Check.
- Has a strong history of successful major gift cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Demonstrated experience in Major Gifts / Capital Campaign fundraising, an understanding of health care fundraising is preferred
- Direct, recent experience in successful Major Gifts solicitations is essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience in supporting senior volunteers
- Ability to communicate the vision and key messages of Villa Cathay Care Home Society to the community
- Demonstrated professional style that is proactive, innovative and collaborative
- Demonstrated excellence in communications, relationship building and teamwork
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluency in English, ability to speak and write in Mandarin, Cantonese is an asset
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications, web site usage, and social media.
- Holds a current driver’s license and access to a vehicle
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Attributes
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and relationship building skills. Includes facilitation and negotiating experience.
- Previous experience with writing successful grant applications, and creating various publicity related documents.
- Exceptional team leadership and facilitations skills including problem solving, networking and strategic thinking.
- Flexible self-starter, enthusiastic, tenacious and positive attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, including in-depth knowledge of administrative protocols, above average attention to detail. Ability to multi-task under tight timelines, and set priorities
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular basis and meet the physical demands of the position.