WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
We are looking for an Associate Director of Internal Communications to play a pivotal role on our Public Relations & Strategic Communications team. The role involves working closely with the head of Public Relations and Strategic Communications to develop content and processes to inform and inspire our staff, and promote brand ambassadorship throughout the organization.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in Internal Communications, inclusive of strong writing and storytelling abilities, impeccable research and editing skills, and a passion for employee engagement. This individual must be committed to the mission, vision and core values of the WE movement.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto.
- Oversee the creation of internal communications outputs, including the internal staff newsletter and written/digital content for other internal communications touch points
- Develop full-scale plans, critical paths, and processes to promote brand ambassadorship throughout the organization
- Ensure the consistency of internal brand identity
- Monitor progress, milestones and deliverables; track action items; identify work process improvements
- Project management for internal communications touch points
- Administer the highest degree of quality control & discretion
What you bring:
- Passion for organizational culture and employee engagement
- Possess an undergraduate degree in internal communications, corporate communications, public relations, marketing, journalism, English, or a related field
- Four or more years of experience in the field of communications, specifically internally communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for good content (written and digital)
- Display good judgment, with an ability to identify risks and manage expectations
- Detail-oriented and highly meticulous, even when faced with competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suites, as well as Google Analytics
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be an asset
- Willing to be a dedicated member of the team with a positive and flexible attitude
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.