Job ID: 2248
To apply for this role, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
The Documentation Clerk is responsible for processing documentation such as tenant move-outs, building inspections, Declarations of Income and Assets, pet registration, tenant chargebacks, and accounts payable invoices. The position performs property portfolio and property maintenance support functions, provides direct face-to-face and telephone-based customer service to visitors and clients, processes leave management documentation, maintains various databases and current tenant files, and provides general operational support. Positions are located in different work centres. The full range of duties may not be performed at all times, as incumbents will be assigned in accordance with operational requirements. However, incumbents can expect to rotate through all functions and are required to be knowledgeable of all duties.
- Secondary school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in office or business administration from a recognized educational institution
- Minimum of two years varied clerical experience in related office administration, including contact with diverse members of the public
OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience suitable to the employer
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Sound practical knowledge of the rules, practices and procedures of office and program administration
- Sound practical knowledge of Windows based programs including Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of BC Housing’s customized JDE1 application preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting
- Ability to interpret and understand financial documents received from tenants
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with good conflict resolution skills
- Ability to demonstrate patience and tolerance and exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement when dealing with a variety of clients, including those of diverse cultural, educational and socio-economic backgrounds and those with difficult behavioural issues
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and process a large volume of work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy while meeting prescribed deadlines
- Ability to type 50 wpm
- Ability and interest in taking initiative, being flexible, adapting to change and contributing in a team environment
- Ability to assess and respond quickly and effectively to an incident and/or crisis
View Job Description here
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
** An eligibility list may be established **
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
To apply for this role or to view the full job description and other opportunities, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.