Our team at the Heart and Stroke Foundation is growing and changing and we want you to be part of the team.
When the staff of the Heart and Stroke Foundation put their hearts into it — they get real results that change lives. We are a volunteer based, health charity dedicated to fighting cardiovascular disease. We do so by raising funds to support critical research, and by helping people reduce their risk of heart disease and stroke through risk factor awareness and by promoting healthy lifestyles. Our vision is to eliminate death and disability from heart disease and stroke. We are united by five core values: Passion for Health, Embracing Diversity, Being Extraordinary Together, Learning Every Day, and Making a Difference.
We are currently hiring for a number of CAMPAIGN RECRUITER positions available in Edmonton, running from September 2016 to December 2016. This position offers:
- Part-time hours including weekday evenings and Saturdays
- A positive work environment
Contacting potential volunteers on the telephone and promoting our mission in order to recruit door to door canvassers for our annual "Stroke Month" Campaign. Specific duties include:
- Conducting outbound recruitment calls for volunteers to canvass during our campaigns (both current and new volunteers)
- Adhering to provided scripts to ensure consistency with recruiting volunteers but able to improvise depending on the phone conversation
- Completion of daily phone logs/worksheets to record calls
- 1 Year related experience (preferably in the sales or marketing area or in a call or sales center)
- Non-profit experience would be an asset
- Excellent sales skills (including being comfortable with cold-calling)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) with the talent for communicating clearly, simply, and concisely in a mature and professional manner
- Ability to effectively promote and sell ideas
If this position sounds right for you and you would like to be part of a great team, we invite you to visit our website and forward your resume to immediately. Please put your full name, CR, and Edmonton in the email subject.