Property Portfolio Manager (2 positions available)
Job ID: 2207 A/B
Lower Mainland, Metro Vancouver
To apply for this role, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
The Property Portfolio Manager (PPM) is responsible for the management and control of property management and tenant support services for all directly managed social housing, and in some cases, group homes and market housing within an assigned area. The tenant population is diverse and includes seniors, people with mental or physical disabilities, substance addictions, individuals at risk of homelessness, women and children fleeing abuse, First Nations people and low income families.
The PPM performs some or all of the following responsibilities. The position contributes to the development and implementation of a property management plan for each housing complex that incorporates the facility condition index, characteristics of the tenant population and required/available community support services. The incumbent leads multi-functional teams in delivering a range of programs and services to ensure successful tenancies, the safety and well-being of tenants, and effective operation, maintenance and repair of the buildings. In addition, the PPM may manage activities relating to market-housing properties. The incumbent liaises with multiple government and community stakeholders in resolving property management and tenant issues, and represents BC Housing in tenancy and court hearings. The majority of PPMs will have direct supervisory responsibility for a team of Building Managers and Janitors, and in some cases a Tenant Support Worker. The position may be required to provide contract administration for site representatives in the outer Regions.
- Undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline such as Business Administration, including university level courses in property management.
- Courses from the Urban Land Diploma Program – Property Management Option or equivalent may be an asset.
- Additional courses in negotiation, mediation or conflict resolution preferred.
- Considerable related experience (minimum 5 years) at a senior level in property management and contract administration, preferably in the social housing sector involving the delivery of social and community based programs and services.
- Supervisory experience required, preferably in a unionized environment.
OR equivalent and acceptable combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer.
- Preferred: Certified Property Manager designation (CPM) through the Institute of Real Estate Management OR Real Property Administrator designation (RPA) through the Building Owners and Managers Institute OR Real Estate Institute of BC designation (R.I.(B.C.)
- Valid BC driver’s license and a reliable vehicle required
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the philosophies, principles and practices of property management, particularly in the social housing sector
- Sound knowledge of current social issues facing tenant populations such as homelessness, mental illness and drug addiction, domestic violence, child protection and ageing
- Thorough knowledge of building structures and systems and an ability to recognize deficiencies and prepare summaries of work required
- Excellent negotiation, mediation and conflict resolution skills and ability to negotiate contracts, mediate disputes and resolve conflict situations
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Ability to plan and coordinate the delivery of a broad range of property management and tenant support services, function as an effective team leader, and make decisions based on an analysis of a range of issues and problems
- Ability to summarize and explain complex program information and funding requirements
- Ability to build consensus with multiple stakeholders, often with conflicting agendas; display tact and diplomacy to deal with a broad range of professions and community stakeholders; and be a socially sensitive administrator
- Ability to travel on frequent basis
Prior to applying, please review the full Job Description here.
To apply for the role of Property Portfolio Manager or to view the full job description and other opportunities, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.