WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a strong, detail-oriented leader to act as Associate Director to join the Sponsorship Activation team. The incumbent will report directly to the Head, WE Day, acting as an ambassador for the organization. The individual will oversee delivery of WE Day sponsorship benefits, working closely with the Partner Relations, Business Development, Regional Offices and WE Day teams to ensure organizational priorities are achieved.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street).
Strategy & Implementation:
- Ensures WE Day sponsorship strategy and vision, defined by the executive management team is followed through into execution of events across Canada, United States and United Kingdom
- Ensures quality control over all aspects of sponsor activations within the WE Day units - Operations, Production, Special Events, and Marketing & Communications.
- Ensures quality control for contents of WE Day reports - ensuring proper data collection from different departments
- Approves sponsor marketing collateral along with Executive team members
- Serve as an escalation point to Sponsorship Activation Team, WE Day Team, Partner Relations, Marketing & Communications, and others for troubleshooting sponsor issues
- Provides guidance to Business Development and Partner Relations teams on feasibility of new and existing benefit offerings
- Reviews partner activation programs to ensure alignment with respective companies’ goals and objectives as well as WE Day programming
- Proactively identifies gaps related to internal communications and processes, while providing solutions to improve the execution of sponsor deliverables in a timely matter
Team Management and Development:
- Oversees 3-4 managers who monitor, track and coordinate the execution of sponsor benefits for Canadian, US and UK partners
- Drives the sponsorship activation team’s metrics through a WE Day critical path and approved business plans by partners/sponsors
- Leading larger multi-departmental integration meetings ensuring critical path is on track
- Lead check-ins with Sponsorship Activation team at the beginning of the week to review performance, set goals and create action items
- Act as an escalation point for internal questions while still encouraging and empowering managers to craft their own solutions
- Provide mentorship & coaching to the Sponsorship Activation Team, Partner Relations Team and WE Day Teams identifying any cross-training requirements to enhance performance and delivery of benefits
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s degree plus professional experience in business, event management, marketing or related degree in sponsorship or sport management
- Work experience in logistics, project management, sponsorship or brand activation
- Enjoys working in a demanding, fast paced work environment and flexible with work hours
- Detail oriented
- Highly self–motivated and independent, a strategic thinker
- Able to perform well and problem solve in high stress, dynamic and changing situations
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Positive and professional attitude and able to work as a team player, liaise with multiple departments all with different objectives and goals serving WE Day events
- Excellent time management, organization and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, adaptable, thrives in stressful situations and strong team player
- Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- Able to work both independently and within a team setting with minimal supervision
- Executes high level of positivity and professionalism in the office and at WE Day events
- Sound understanding of and experience working with Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to travel to all WE Day events across North America and the UK
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.