One-year contract with possibility of renewal starting ASAP!
JVS Toronto is a non-profit leader in career and employment services for jobseekers and employers across the GTA, supporting more than 21,000 individuals annually. For almost 70 years, our programs have supported young graduates, immigrants, mature workers, the unemployed and the underemployed. With annual revenues of $16 million, our services are delivered in 9 Toronto locations by a dedicated team of approximately 170 staff including qualified employment counsellors, workforce specialists and psychologists, making JVS a well-known leader in this field.
Our employees are respected in the community for being responsive and client-centred; we value their contributions and offer a generous benefits package. To view some of the good work we do, please visit our website at www.jvstoronto.org .
Employment Ontario Youth Services programs are designed to help youth between the ages of 15 and 29 who face barriers to employment, achieve long-term employment, meaningful careers, and success in their future working lives. It provides access to employability and employment skills development, along with education/training, summer jobs and other work experiences.
The individual in this position will:
- Proactively contact/visits local employers to seek out job opportunities that meet work placement targets
- Negotiate employment opportunities that meet both employers’ skill requirements and participants’ interests and abilities
- Develop and prepare employment and retention plans, training agreements, employer invoice submission, and associated file documentation; prepare and maintain files, statistics, reports and all documentation required to meet JVS and Ministry service standards
- Conduct intake and screen participants for suitability and referral to appropriate programs
- Organize outreach activities and facilitate pre-employment and life skills workshops for youth
- Promote Employment Ontario Services for youth; ensure youth participation in the Resource & Information centre (R&I) offerings
You have a minimum of a community college diploma in a social service field and/or recruitment/job development, serving multi-barriered youth with 1-2 years of work experience supervising and coaching youth in a workplace setting. Your competencies include a demonstrated understanding of at-risk youths’ needs and the ability to develop relationships with young people and to deal effectively with employers and other stakeholders, as well as the ability, sensitivity and tact to deal effectively with youth from different cultural/racial backgrounds and/or with special needs. You have a current working knowledge of employment-related issues and learning approaches, experience writing reports and are computer-literate. Knowledge of a second language would be an asset. A Police Vulnerable Sector Check, a valid Ontario driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle are all required for this position.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume & covering letter ASAP to .
Applications will be accepted only through the above e-mail address. Please note that flexible hours/evenings/
weekends may be required.
JVS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you require accommodation in order to submit your application,
please contact JVS directly.
Our agency embraces diversity and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in our agency. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.