WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a Manager, Trip Quality and Program Development. As a natural leader, this role manages projects pertaining to our International Service Learning Trips, supports with the training and evaluation of trip facilitators, and performs on-site quality control while reporting directly to the Director of Trip Quality and Program Development.
This position is based out of ME to WE’s office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street), with a work week from Monday – Friday in non-training times. Shifted work weeks will be frequent due to weekend trainings, frequent travel and flexibility in high-demand periods are to be expected.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
Proportion of Time Spent per year 10% (Peak times September to November)
- Works with the Quality and Development team to identify areas of growth within the youth and adult trips program, Take Action Camp and occasionally Domestic Leadership programming experienced by participants and guests
- Evaluates training program and resources available to facilitation team based on feedback, observation, points of weakness and leverages experience in the field
- Communicates and works alongside the Director of Quality and Development to create comprehensive plans focused on improving the diversity and quality of the trips programs offered by ME to WE
- Manages data sets, data collection and analysis of information collected
- Visits ME to WE trip destinations and Take Action Camp to evaluate the quality of the program(modules, cultural activities, volunteering, accommodations, food, transportation, safety, staff), the strength of the facilitation team (safety and overall attentiveness to the participant experience), provide support and coaching in real-time and reporting back to the Director of Quality and Development with any shortcomings
Project Management and Fulfillment
Proportion of Time Spent per year 30% (Peak times September to November)
- Managing multiple priorities within a high-intensity, fast-paced and high-stakes environment
- Creating and executing a year-long plan for implementing programmatic and training improvements based on the results from program evaluation
- Working closely with the Engagement, Coordination, Leadership and in-country teams as well as the Corporate and Family team to foster growth and improvement in program and process
- Updating, improving and adapting existing program content and developing novel programmatic pieces to diversify ME to WE’s offerings with a focus on retention of existing clients and increasing the breadth and depth of programming to gain new clients
Facilitator Training, Selection and Allocation
Proportion of Time Spent per year 40% (Peak times December to May)
- Continually evaluating and upgrading our training program to meet the needs of the on-the-ground delivery, including but not limited to: creation of resources, implementing feedback, online resources, developing a coaching program for staff, regional office training models, and ongoing PD
- Coordinating and training trainers to share their expertise at training, support with evaluation and selection of facilitators
- Providing feedback and opportunities for growth to trip facilitation candidates and their direct reports both in writing and orally
- Supporting in the trip allocation process
- Regional Office Trips Training (for example; UK or Vancouver)
- Developing, editing, and distributing Learning Management Systems (LMS) to compliment Trips Training
Inter-departmental Collaboration and Education
Proportion of Time Spent per year 20% (Peak times June to November)
- Working closely with all departments within the organization to ensure that trips’ key messaging is in alignment with on-the-ground deliverables.
- Answering questions about our programming to internal and external stakeholders.
- Educating staff on opportunities to facilitate, reasons why directors should put staff forward and maintaining a healthy perception of trips facilitation within the organization.
- Leading management of all internal social media (Chatter) groups pertaining to Trips Facilitation and resources available
- Lead by example, by being available for We Days, CTL, Take-Action Camp, On Boarding etc.
- Development, editing, and ordering of Trip Journal
- Liaise between Engagement Teams and Country Teams for new trip development (for example; Theme trips, University Trips etc.)
- Maintain and improve the quality of ME to WE Experiences as the organization scales and grows
- Motivate, educate and lead a team of highly motivated and high performing individuals
- Share vision, goals and drive activities to reach department and organizational goals
- Finding personal satisfaction in activities and responsibilities available in the job; enjoying the essence of training, quality and development, embracing and cultivating the ME to WE culture
- NOTE: Due to the fluidity of this role, this position is responsible for other tasks as assigned
Requirements to be successful in this role
- Solid interpersonal skills, ability to give and receive feedback and ability to course correct
- Innovation, ingenuity and a strong desire to create curriculum that is easy to implement but provides depth for participants and guests
- The ability to identify opportunities to improve our programs
- Flexibility in work schedule and ability to travel
- Over communication with team
- Proven time and project management skills
- Ability to learn and understand of how all departments within WE Charity and ME to WE are interconnected, their objectives and ways of communicating and
- Belief in the value of ME to WE and the products and services it provides
What you bring:
- Minimum of 2 years of any combination of facilitation, teaching, curriculum writing, experiential education or program evaluation
- Bachelor‘s degree or commensurate experience
- Minimum 2 years of management experience is preferred
- Friendly, outgoing self-starter with the ability to work with various personality types
- Ability to work and succeed with minimal direction
- Powerful work ethic, both as a team member, but also as a self-starter
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, and persuasive manner at all levels; internal and external to the organization
- Positive, flexible individual with a “get-it-done” attitude
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management and online research
- Highly organized, strategic and resourceful
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.