WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a strong, detail-oriented administrative assistance to act as Executive Assistant to the CEO of ME to WE and the Executive Director of WE, ME to WE. Reporting to the Associate Director of Communications, the incumbent will effectively manage the daily schedule and travel requirements of the ME to WE Executives. This opportunity suits individuals who are highly-motivated, thrive in high energy work environments and have a keen interest in supporting executives at the highest level.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of ME to WE's office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street).
- Effectively manage the executives' calendars by coordinating meetings and conference calls across different time zones.
- Manage all incoming internal and external requests, while ensuring that organizational priorities are always being maintained
- Work proactively to consistently anticipate scheduling conflicts, and facilitate alternatives in collaboration with the Chief of Staff
- Responsible for coordinating all meeting preparation, including document creation and preparation, as well as briefing notes, in collaboration with the Chief of Staff and Associate Director of Communications
- Responsible for arranging all travel components, in conjunction with the ME to WE Travel Manager, and organizing frequently changing travel plans
- Foster strong internal and external relationships to effectively coordinate meetings, events, and speaking engagements in a timely manner
- Maintain the highest level of accountability, disclosure, and regularly exercise a high degree of discretion
- Provide administrative support on a variety of tasks both off-site and in the office, with respect to upcoming travel, events, meetings and conferences, and some personal assistance.
- Manage personal appointments and requests
- Undertake a variety of additional tasks and projects as requested by the Executive Office
What you bring:
- 2-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong project management and internal process-building skills
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication – written and oral ‑ and relationship management
- Attention to detail, and high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office Suites including Outlook
- Positive, energetic, enthusiastic with a strong work ethic
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.