WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a Director of Strategy to join the executive team, working directly with the CEO of ME to WE and the Executive Director of WE, ME to WE. The Director of Strategy will be involved in a broad range of critical activities, ranging from highly-strategic to tactical, and will play a key role in helping the organization focus on and achieve its goals in the coming years.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of ME to WE's office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street).
- Operations and Project Management:
- Provide leadership, coordination and oversight in the development of strategic initiatives and special projects for the COD
- Provide integrated analysis and strategic consultation on major issues impacting the organization
- Work to ensure successful launch of new initiatives within the Executive office, and effective pass off to other departments as required.
- Provide Leadership and accountability for ongoing projects managed out of the Executive Office
- Leadership role in driving the planning process
- Includes both the annual strategic planning process, as well as ongoing planning processes throughout the year
- Involves coaching Directors through driving processes, and mentoring Directors in the areas of:
- Strategic thinking
- Data analysis
- Codifying strategic plans
- Process management and innovation
- Have a critical eye for process improvement as required
- Senior Team Liaison:
- Act as the main contact for other senior leaders in the organization seeking to work with the COD, to assist in strategy, problem solving, process development and fulfillment of Executive Office deliverables
- Work to bring forward priorities as identified by the Executive Office, and ensure fulfilment and alignment with others teams
- Equally, act as a trusted advisor to the COD on organizational updates, priorities, processes
- Staff Coaching and mentoring
- Responsible for providing coaching and mentorship to staff across a broad range of skillsets and tasks essential to the development of the organization
What your bring:
- Seven years+ of relevant professional experience such related to strategic planning and project management.
- Strong project management and internal process-building skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to see patterns
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication – written and oral ‑ and relationship management
- Attention to detail, and high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- Positive and professional attitude, ability to work as a team player
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.