WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
Reporting to the Global Head of Trips Engagement the Director, Travel Product is responsible for the development and in-life management of all Trips products. This includes, but is not limited to the following: conducting market research, generating product requirements, determining specifications and production timetables (product roadmap), product positioning/messaging/packaging, product pricing, and plans for product introduction, distribution strategies and promotional plans.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of ME to WE's office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street).
- Determines customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain market information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future product lines by reviewing product specifications and requirements; appraising new product ideas and/or product or packaging changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products. Provides source data for product line communications by defining product marketing communication objectives.
- Obtains product market share by working with sales director to develop product sales strategies.
- Assesses product market data by calling on customers with field salespeople and evaluating sales call results.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Facilitates inventory turnover and product availability by reviewing and adjusting inventory levels and production schedules.
- Brings new products to market by analyzing proposed product requirements and product development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with engineering and manufacturing.
- Introduces and markets new products by developing time-integrated plans with sales, advertising, and production.
What you bring:
- 3+ years product management experience preferably in consumer-focused products and services.
- Experience in product development, requirements analysis, pricing, planning, competitive analysis, sales planning, inventory control, financial planning and strategy.
- Proven track record of partnering with business lines to drive business results. Exceptional interpersonal and facilitation skills, ability to develop strong relationships across the organization.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to energize an organization.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills.
- Undergraduate degree in business/marketing.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.