We are seeking an experienced Communications Coordinator to join our team for a one-year term and work out of our main office. Reporting to the Manager of Communications and Marketing, the coordinator is responsible for assisting with strategic and tactical corporate communications and marketing in support of organizational priorities.
The position will contribute to the development of internal and external communications and marketing initiatives to enhance Silvera’s reputation and reduce reputational risk. With the guidance of the manager, this will include project management in the preparation of strategic and tactical digital and print written materials; photography and edited videography; website and social media content management and support of events.
- An undergraduate degree or a diploma equivalent to two years of full-time study in Public Relations, Communications or Journalism, plus two to four years of related experience
- Proven experience writing in various style for various media, copyediting and proofreading
- Technical capability to prepare and post content on WordPress and Silvera’s social media platforms
- Experience taking creative and effective photographs, capturing video content and editing
- Appreciation for the organizational context of communications and marketing services, while also maintaining attention to precision, detail and time management
- Creativity, a desire to learn and be mentored, and a positive bias towards fun and effective teamwork
- Experience working for a complex not-for-profit organization will be considered an asset.
If you possess all of the above please apply by submitting a current copy of your resume, and a supporting cover letter addressing the above requirements. Applications that do not address the criteria will not be considered.
If you wish to submit a cover letter, please include in the same document as your resume. This system only accepts one document upload.
We thank all interested applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Due to current volumes, no phone calls please.
No Agency referrals will be accepted.
Note: This position requires the successful completion of a criminal record check.