Scouts Canada is seeking an Area Support Manager to join our team in our Newfoundland and Labrador Council on a one year contract. Whether you are a recent graduate looking for a challenge in the non-profit sector, or currently working as a sales account manager and want to transition to the non-profit sector, we would love to hear from you.
Scouts Canada promises youth, parents and the community at large that “It Starts with Scouts”. Scouts aims to provide youth with opportunities to experience new things and develop into capable and well-rounded individuals. You will join an energetic and fun team that is committed to growing Scouting and making a difference in the lives of youth!
You will be assigned specific Areas in the Newfoundland and Labrador Council. You will collaborate with Area Leadership teams on strategies and tactics to drive membership growth and retention.
You will be confident at managing current Scouting Groups and providing support to the volunteers. However, just as important is the drive and ability to start new Scouting Groups. Effective planning and time management is key to your success. It is essential you prioritize to ensure you are effectively managing existing groups while allowing adequate time to start new groups.
- Work in conjunction with key volunteers to develop growth plans and provide hands-on support in the execution of a Group’s growth plan;
- Manage sales cycle from prospecting to closing;
- Ensure each section is delivering quality programs to meet and exceed youth and parent’s expectations;
- Support volunteer recruitment, orientation, training, and performance management to ensure you have the right people in the right roles;
- Build and strengthen relationships with volunteers and provide support through regular meetings, communication and training.
- Facilitate compliance with organizational policies pertaining to member registration, volunteer screening and program safety.
What you bring to the table:
- Post-secondary education in a related field or a combination of post-secondary education and relevant work experience.
- Experience in a sales, account management or fundraising role is an asset, however relationships building skills, drive and ambition are essential.
- Self-starter and the ability to prioritize and manage your time effectively to achieve/surpass targets.
- Strong people and relationships building skills with the ability to adapt your approach depending on the audience.
- Shared leadership approach and ability to lead, coach and motivate a team to achieve goals.
- Strong customer focus and volunteers will see you as someone they can turn to for support.
- Thrive in a busy and challenging environment where every day is something different.
- Experience in child/youth safety would be an asset.
- Bilingual (English/French) is an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers and volunteer management approaches is an asset.
- Experience/familiarity with Scouting is an asset.
- You will work from home and ideally reside in the Newfoundland and Labrador Area in which you are assigned.
- Work hours will include evening and weekend responsibilities.
- Travel mileage allowance will be provided.
- Must have access to your own vehicle, a valid Driver’s License and clear drivers abstract.
- A clear Police Record Check is a requirement and will be asked of the successful candidate.
Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted. For more information about Scouts Canada, please visit our web sites at www.scouts.ca.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.