Want to make a difference in the lives of others?
Lookout Emergency Aid Society is a non-profit charitable organization offering a range of services and housing 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to adults who who have few, if any options, and who demonstrate an inability to meet their own needs. We assist them to regain and maintain stability and achieve a greater quality of life.
We are currently looking to add to our team and invite applications for Tenant Support Workers on a Casual (on-call) basis in New Westminster, Vancouver and North Vancouver.
Tenant Support Workers connect with adult tenants who may be struggling with challenges such as mental illness or addiction, and are living in transitional or permanent housing. The Tenant Support Worker provides assistance, support and basic skill training for tenants and ensures a safe and secure living environment while encouraging the most independence, self responsibility and healthiest lifestyle as possible. The Tenant Support Worker deals with the public, other service agencies and professionals involved in the support of the tenant.
You’ll be a good fit at Lookout if you:
- are client-centered and non-judgemental
- are compassionate and respectful
- have strong communication and teamwork skills
- demonstrate flexibility and ability to problem solve
- Certificate/Diploma in Community Service or Addictions, etc preferred or Minimum Grade 12
- OFA 1 First Aid Certificate
- Minimum 2 years of recent related experience (or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience)
- Demonstrated knowledge/familiarity with related resources such as Mental Health and Welfare Systems and related agencies, Addiction Support organizations and Harm Reduction practice.
- Demonstrated proof of at least 2 years’ sobriety if alcohol/drug misuse has occurred
- Non-Violent Crisis Intervention Training an asset
We need dedicated people with flexible schedules. Most of our employees start on a casual basis, gaining skills and experience while working towards regular full-time and part-time positions. Starting wage $ 21.13 per hour (as per BCGEU Collective Agreement) plus 9.6% in lieu of vacation and statutory holidays.
Lookout serves a diverse community so we encourage people of diverse backgrounds and cultures to apply. Successful applicants will be required to complete a Criminal Record Check prior to commencement of employment.
Please visit Lookout's Website to apply for this posting. We thank all applicants for your interest in Lookout, however only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls please.