Program Supervisor Job Posting
While reporting to the Director of Programs Services & Compliance, this dynamic individual will be responsible for providing preventative maintenance and safe operation to all VITA/Mens Sana’s facilities.
Hours of Work: Full-time, 40 hours weekly based on program need and on-call duties as required
Rate of Pay: $23.63-$26.91
Job Location: Greater Toronto Area
- Supervises, monitors, disciplines, evaluates, trains and delegates responsibilities to all Program staff and recommends disciplinary actions to HR and Program Director.
- Performs and delegates on call duty, and is available for the purpose of consultation and response in the event of an emergency.
- Reviews and evaluates all relevant documentation in relation to assigned programs, and ensures compliance with Agency Policies.
- Monitors petty cash expenditures and completes petty cash reconciliation on a regular basis and submits to accounting for approval.
- Coordinates, chairs and participates in various meetings and/or committees as related to member, employee, professional development goals or Program needs.
- Discusses with primary staff and assists staff in the coordination of members’ support needs to ensure their health, safety and welfare.
- Corresponds orally and in written form with parents, staff, other agencies and professionals for information sharing, brainstorming and overall member program development.
- Ensures regular reporting regarding maintenance of assigned programs, material property including equipment, appliances, furnishings and vehicles, to ensure safety, health and over-all appearance of the programs.
- Implements and maintains safety rules and regulations, including monthly health and safety inspections to ensure safety compliance for all assigned programs as per Ministry Compliance.
- Takes all reasonable precautions for the safety of staff and members.
- Performs any other related duties as assigned by Program Director or delegate
Qualifications & Experience
- DSW, SSW, CYW, University Degree in a related field or other relevant post-secondary education required
- Minimum 5 years’ experience post graduate working with individuals with disabilities
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience required
- Drivers license and own vehicle required
- Must maintain current, valid and on-going certifications in mandatory courses such as: Abuse training, Back Care, First Aid, Fire Safety, Safe Management, Pharmacology and WHMI
Vita Community Living Services & Mens Sana Families for Mental Health is a Safe Space that embraces diversity, whether it be disability, age, ethnicity, colour, religion, language, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, nation origin and all other differences that makes everyone unique. Please e-mail or fax your resume, cover letter and 3 references to or 416-749-1456
While we thank all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Vita/Mens Sana will provide accommodation, accessible formats and communication supports for the interview upon request. Knowledge of the French speaking language is an asset.