ABOUT THE SQUAMISH NATION
The Squamish Nation is comprised of descendants of the Coast Salish Aboriginal people who live in the present day Greater Vancouver area, Gibson’s landing, and Squamish River watershed. The Squamish Nation has occupied and governed the territory since beyond recorded history.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for a Manager, Home & Community Care to join our dynamic and progressive First Nations government in North Vancouver.
In this role, you will be responsible for the management and administration of the Squamish Nation Home and Community Care (HCC) division, including approximately 30 reports. You will also oversee the annual budget, as well as operations in North Vancouver while providing support to the Squamish Valley.
Reporting to the Department Head, you will work closely with HCC staff and the Registered Nurse Assessor to ensure the proper implementation of client care plans, provision of quality home care services and member access to other health care professionals, including physiotherapists, hospital discharge coordinators, occupational therapists, social workers and long term care coordinators.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
For this role, we are seeking a seasoned professional who has exceptional knowledge of home care client services, as well as people management and scheduling, policy records management and financial management. Candidates qualified as a Licensed Practical Nurse are encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate will have:
- A Master's Degree in Nursing (or relevant discipline) combined with five (5) years of directly-related experience, including health care management, budget management, personal care/homemaking program delivery, staff management, policy/procedure design, budgeting
- A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (or relevant discipline) combined with eight (8) years of directly-related experience, including health care management, budget management, personal care/homemaking program delivery, staff management, policy/procedure design, budgeting;
- A relevant post-secondary Diploma combined with twelve (12) years of directly-related experience, including health care management, budget management, personal care/homemaking program delivery, staff management, policy/procedure design, budgeting;
- A minimum three (3) years experience managing a team of 5 (five) or more
- Previous experience working with federal or provincial governments in the health field (preferred)
- Previous experience working with health records databases and large-scale computerized databases (JD Edwards preferred)
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the Internet and MS Office applications
- Previous experience working with a First Nations community (Squamish Nation preferred)
- A valid driver's license (Class 4, 5 or 7N preferred), access to a reliable vehicle with current auto insurance
- The ability to travel and work evenings and weekends, when required
As your career with Squamish Nation progresses, you will also be required to complete training and development courses related to client record documentation, home care programs, staff scheduling, staff supervision, etc.
Please note that the successful candidate must provide a Criminal Records Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search.
If you are a skilled communicator and a friendly and dedicated professional, this could be an ideal opportunity for you!
Apply online today! For full details and to apply please visit http://jobs.applyfirst.ca/jobs/83659
The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.