Community Development Worker
Scouts Canada promises youth, parents and the community at large that “It Starts with Scouts”. Scouts aims to provide youth with opportunities to experience new things and develop into capable and well-rounded individuals. You will join an energetic and fun team that is committed to growing Scouting and making a difference in the lives of youth!
Scouts Canada is seeking a Community Development Worker to join our team in our Pacific Coast Council! Using Scouts Canada’s existing “SCOUTSabout” out-of-School time program, you will offer a Scouting experience to children ages 6 - 12 years with the intent of making a measurable difference in the lives of these school-aged children. You will identify Richmond (British Columbia) area schools for the out-of-School program; meet with parents, teachers and school administrators, effectively communicating the values of Scouts Canada. You will apply your outgoing personality and proven sales and/or community development background towards managing and promoting the effective delivery and expansion of Scouting.
- Plan, implement and deliver the “SCOUTSabout” program
- Recruit and manage volunteers to assist in running the program
- Ongoing evaluation of the program with regular updates including a monthly report
- Provide opportunities for youth to learn about and join other Scouting programs
- Utilize knowledge of Scouting program and structure, policies and procedures (previous Scouting experience an asset but not a requirement)
- Act in accordance with Scouting’s mission statement and principles
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in a related field (recreation, community development or business administration) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Self-motivated, energetic and goal orientated
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and to work independently
- Communicate effectively with creative problem solving skills
If you are self-motivated and possess a combination of sales & marketing skills, planning and volunteer management skills, strong interpersonal skills, and enthusiastically approach day-to-day activities, we would like to meet with you. The Community Development Worker (CDW) will be home office based and will be provided with a laptop and cell phone. Reasonable work-related travel expenses will be covered. This is a full-time term contract from September 2016 to July 2017.
If you think you will make a great addition to the team, please email your resume and cover letter indicating your salary expectations to . Scouts Canada thanks you for taking the time to consider this position. Please understand that only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about Scouts Canada, please visit our web sites at www.scouts.ca.
Scouts Canada encourages applications from all qualified candidates and has a great record of accommodating persons with disabilities. Contact Lisa Donnelly in Human Resources at or 613-224-5131 if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.