Operations and HR Coordinator (Non-profit) | Vancouver, Downtown | 0.8 FTE
Do you enjoy details, film, festivals, office environments, and coming to work every day with amazing queer, trans and allied folks?
Do you have a passion for changing the world through stories? Then you should apply to join us as the Operations and HR Coordinator!
The Vancouver Out On Screen Film & Video Society is a registered charity and professional queer arts organization dedicated to celebrating queer lives through film, education and dialogue.
Our vision: Equitable inclusion for queer community members in a society where gender and sexual diversity are embraced.
Our team: passionate staff, engaged board and invested membership who care deeply about making significant, positive impacts in our diverse queer, trans and two-spirit communities.
· Fun and celebration
· Collaborative and courageous leadership
· Creativity and innovation
· Intersectionality, anti-oppression & social justice
· Respect and equitable inclusivity
Currently we deliver on our mission with two core programs:
- The annual Vancouver Queer Film Festival is the city’s second largest film festival showcasing cutting-edge films from around the world and hosting panels, forums, parties and more.
Impact: A dynamic showcase of queer cinema that fosters a sense of belonging, affirmation and connection with other community members and to social movements.
- Out in Schools brings trained facilitators into high schools across BC to use films to debunk stereotypes, build empathy and awareness and foster commitment to stepping up as allies.
Impact: Innovative and compelling educational experiences that deepen students’ intersectional knowledge and promote inclusive behavior.
About the Position
Located in our office in Downtown Vancouver - the Operations and HR Coordinator position is a role in our team that is responsible for managing our office and its systems, oversees our human resources, leads our Festival operations, and generally supports various parts of the organization.
Working with us, you will benefit from a comprehensive salary package that includes extended health and dental benefits, access to wellness and professional development funds, competitive vacation time, and the ability to be a visible ambassador in our community.
Reports directly to the Executive Director.
The Operations and HR Coordinator’s direct reports include Volunteer Coordinator, Theatre Managers, Box Office Coordinator & Assistant, and Administrative Contracts as needed.
Responsibilities of the Operations and HR Coordinator include:
Operational and Administrative Support:
- Oversees office management including physical office space, sorting mail, ordering office supplies, and general concerns related to the office environment.
- Liaise with Bookkeeper and provide administrative and financial support where needed
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director
- Provides administrative support to the Board to organize AGM and strategic planning
- Manages office database (eTapestry)
- Develop and oversee orientation of all new staff and provides support for New Hires
- Ensure all staff are appropriately compensated, annually evaluated and that job descriptions are up to date. Administer HR benefits.
- Maintain up to date HR files for all employees
- Oversee hiring processes for all staff, including: develop and circulate job postings, prepare and coordinate the applicants and interview process, prepare and process contracts
- Coordinates staff recognition
IT and Technical Support:
- Manages and executes network file mapping project
- General administration and support of office computer systems
- Maintains capital assets budget
Volunteer Program Development:
- Determine the year-round volunteer workforce required for all aspects of the organization
- Oversee volunteer recruitment, orientation, supervision and recognition
- Update or develop, where required, job descriptions for all volunteer positions
- Maintain an up to date volunteer database
- Develop and implement a volunteer recognition program
- Provides administrative support to the Artistic Director
- Manages year-round print traffic (film intake, shipping & receiving) and programming database
- Coordinates all theatre venue logistics and Front of House/box office plans for the Festival
- Programming Committee Support
- Administer all Pride related events
- Develop and manage the festival staff schedule
- Research and seek out employment program grants and internship opportunities
- Provide financial and administrative support to fundraising, where feasible
- Develop and regularly revise operations timeline to meet goals set-out in strategic plan
- Attend and participate at regular staff meetings.
- Keep accurate and easily accessible records of all work to ensure organizational continuity
- Other duties as required
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please indicate “Operations and HR Coordinator - YOUR NAME” in the subject line.
Submit a resume and outline your experience and connection with our mission in a cover letter. Email, in either PDF or Word format, to – closing date: intake until October 31, 2016 (apply early as we will consider applications at the time we receive them)
Out On Screen strives for meaningful employment from all communities and for our team to reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. Indigenous people, people of colour, and people across the spectrums of gender, sexuality, age and abilities are encouraged to apply.
We thank all candidates for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please look to our website for employment updates.
Vancouver Out On Screen Film and Video Society