WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a strong, detail-oriented leader to act as Manager, Executive Communications to the CEO of ME to WE and the Executive Director of WE, ME to WE. The incumbent will report directly to the Chief of Staff, overseeing the day-to-day communications of the Executives’ communications needs, working closely with senior teams throughout the organization.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of ME to WE's office in Toronto (225 Carlton Street).
The Manager, Executive Communications will report to, and consult with, the Chief of Staff.
Core accountabilities include (but are not limited to):
- Help to build and support the external and internal communications as an ambassador of the organization’s brand.
- Provide leadership and set priorities around executive communication with a strong focus on correspondence needs and stakeholder engagement.
- Collaborate with the organization’s WE Day event and development teams to deliver results and ensure alignment of messages and outreach efforts across departments.
- Hone and monitor an ongoing relationship management strategy for the department’s top stakeholder contacts, organized around direct updates from and interactions with the organization’s Executives
- Adhere to the rapid responses and turn-around of correspondence and effectively reach challenging deadlines
- Assisting with follow up from meetings and bringing projects through the organization
- Flexible writing to adjust voice when corresponding with schools, youth, and corporate stakeholders alike, effectively following organizational key messaging
Human Resources and Administration:
- Responsible for overseeing a small team, including driving priorities related to the above activities, performing regular check ins and ensuring that deadlines and priorities are met within the department.
- Special projects to include PowerPoint presentations, special events, organizational campaigns, and other initiatives on an ongoing basis
- Performing research on topics as directed
What your bring:
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience such related to executive communication and stakeholder engagement.
- Strong project management and internal process-building skills
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication – written and oral ‑ and relationship management
- Attention to detail, and high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- A passion for and experience in leading a young, growing team
- Positive and professional attitude, ability to work as a team player
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.