RCT: Extending technology… Expanding Minds
Position: Community Engagement Ambassador (HUB)
RCT is looking for that entrepreneurial spirit to launch a community hub that focusses on bringing technology & digital skills to those in need. The Community Engagement Ambassador will be key in helping to develop the vision and launch of the new Tech Community Hub in the National Capital Region.
- Coordinate the engagement of key partners, development, implementation and evaluation of a Tech Community Hub
- Ability to identify and secure opportunities to build sustainable program for the Hub and community
- Creates, coordinates and supports programs and activities that promote access to technology & skill development for the community
- Engages community partners to cross-promote and deliver respective programming to low income individuals
- Work with senior management to develop and execute an effective outreach strategy targeting appropriate program recipients.
- Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with area businesses and organizations in order to promote and expand technology & skill development access and programs
- Work with operations, marketing, sales and program development to develop the products and services needed to effectively serve the community
- Manages the day-to-day of the HUB including computer picks ups, training programs, youth hires and administration
- Assist in developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, programs, procedures, and work standards for services, programs and general goals for the organization.
- Undergraduate degree in business or a related field
- Understanding of and experience in program development, service planning and evaluation
- Experience in management and staff supervision, preferably in a non-profit environment
- Experience in planning and coordinating special events
- Ability to work with diverse communities
- Experience in community engagement and development
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and application processes an asset
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work as a team member and facilitate group processes
- Fluency in English and French is required
- Computer literacy: word processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, CRM and database.
- Budget-management experience an asset
- Police Record check is required
You’ll love this job if:
- You have a passion to bring technology to those in need
- Want to engage youth to gain work experience and leadership skills to benefit their community
- Are a self-starter that can see opportunities within local community agencies to offer complimentary services
Please express your interest by providing a cover letter and resume to by October 30, 2016. This salary for this position will be based on experience, plus benefits (1 year), paid vacation & 2 week closure during the holidays. RCT is an equal opportunity employer.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Please express your interest by providing a cover letter and resume to by October 30, 2016.
Renewed Computer Technology
945 Meyerside Drive
Mississauga, ON, L5T 1P9