The Brenda Strafford Foundation Ltd. Is seeking a Full Time Director of Nursing to join our collaborative team of health care professionals!
Are you a Registered Nurse who is collaborative, and motivated? A conscientious and innovative clinical leader? Are you interested in designing a new building with accompanying programs and services?
A Director of Nursing is a distinguished mix of compassion, ingenuity, shrewd ethics and business sense, with a passion for delivering outstanding care. Working collaboratively with the Administrator, the Director of Nursing is accountable for directing and mentoring nursing care staff to ensure resident focused care is achieved while promoting nursing activities that maintain high quality resident care. This requires an individual with a strong focus on leadership to ensure the efficient, effective, and safe provision of high quality care and services.
OUTLINE OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Central responsibilities include mentoring the Program Managers and other team members to ensure effective resident focused care and service, and optimal outcomes. Effective communication and planning and implementation of new programs to meet changing resident needs are other key component of the role.
- Degree in nursing and progressive nursing experience and education, in which leadership and administrative skills have been demonstrated;
- Active registration with CARNA.
This opportunity will appeal to those who are:
- Dynamic, energetic, positive, passionate and who know how to contribute with personal drive and enthusiasm;
- A natural leader who believes in participation and collaboration and, whose passion and energy is infectious to others;
- Friendly, open, empathetic, approachable, and personable;
- Able to push themselves and their team members out of their comfort zone to enable them to achieve their objectives;
- Experienced in inspiring innovation and excellence;
- Decisive problem solvers who possesses sound conflict resolution skills;
- Confident, good listeners and who have excellent communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Self-directed, and able to move quickly and efficiently when required– experienced in working within a continuously changing environment; and,
- Willing and able to lead with humility and who exhibit genuine concern for the development and mentorship of team members.
Please apply with your resume and cover letter.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Title: Director of Nursing
Application Deadline: October 15, 2016
Position Available: November, 2016
Reply To: Sara Semenyaka, Human Resources Advisor -