This Program Coordinator for Information Technology Training (Women’s Services) is responsible for the start-up and delivery of MicroSkills' Information Technology Training for Women (ITTW) that prepares women for employment as Mobile Application Developers with skills for Android and iOS platforms, User Experience (UX) design; and knowledge of Security domains and protocols. The program also includes Industry Overview/Workplace Culture, Workplace Essential Skills, Job Readiness Training, Links to Employers, Work Placements and Supported Job Search.
- Conduct outreach, intake, coordination, evaluation for Information Technology Training for Women (ITTW) Program;
- Recruit and liaise with industry partners, convene Advisory Committee;
- Source and schedule instructors, guest speakers, trainers for program modules;
- Develop/deliver workshops relevant to life skills, job search, other expressed needs;
- Source volunteer mentors, subject matter experts and employers for work placements
- Provide one-on-one counseling and case management, appropriate information and referrals;
- Maintain awareness of fairs, trade shows and networking events that would support women's understanding and access to IT industry;
- Program administration, including maintenance of budget, client files, program records;
- Provide summaries and reports of service results, including analysis of emerging needs;
- Participate in and contribute to the effective functioning of our team structure;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills:
- College Diploma, relevant knowledge, skills and experience to support women experiencing career transitions to employment as IT professionals;
- Two (2) years related experience in, training, program coordination, managing funded projects;
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with women facing multiple barriers to economic self-reliance, including violence, employing a holistic perspective and cultural sensitivity;
- Awareness of challenges/ barriers experienced by target group in accessing employment, and in particular, jobs in male dominated work environments;
- Knowledge of industry and community resources and services for women;
- Knowledge of current regulatory environment affecting immigrants, refugees, individuals in receipt of social assistance, employment insurance or ODSP;
- Knowledgeable about/able to use software, social media, web portal and other electronic tools that support all phases of project delivery;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project Management methodologies;
- Flexibility to attend and participate in external stakeholder’s meetings/events during working hours, evenings or weekends;
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver’s license with access to a reliable vehicle for local travel.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your cover letter & resume in one attachment (Word or PDF format) directly to Human Resources via email at: . We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you!
Recruitment Department, Human Resources