The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 18,000 students at 45 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
The London District Catholic School Board is currently accepting applications for:
Casual Educational Assistants
Reporting to the Principal, the supply Educational Assistant supports the physical, academic and behavioural needs of students. Successful candidates will be placed on the “call out list” and be contacted as required in London, Middlesex and Oxford counties.
- Child and Youth Care Worker (CYW) or Developmental Service Worker (DSW)
- Ability to perform lifting, transferring, and toileting procedures required
- Experience utilizing assistive technology computer software: such as: SMART Technology, Boardmaker, Intellitools, Kurzwell and augmentative communication devices
- Experience utilizing specialized equipment; such as: walkers and standing frames
- Experience providing support service in the area of behavioural needs utilizing a variety of behaviour support strategies
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education Program Memorandum 140 (please refer to the Ministry of Education’s website)
- Current BMS/NVCI/CPI, First Aid and CPR training required
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
- Possess an understanding and commitment to confidentiality
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of Catholic Education and the mission of the London District Catholic School Board
he London District Catholic School Board is committed to providing accommodations. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Applications must include: cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
London District Catholic School Board
5200 Wellington Rd. S
London, ON, N6E 3X8