The London District Catholic School Board has a reputation for excellence, with more than 3,000 employees working together to educate approximately 18,000 students at 45 elementary schools, 9 secondary schools and the Centre for Lifelong Learning within Middlesex, Oxford and Elgin counties, including the cities of London, St. Thomas, Strathroy and Woodstock.
The London District Catholic School Board is currently accepting applications for:
Casual Early Childhood Educators
Early Learning Kindergarten Program
Reporting to the Principal, the supply Early Childhood Educator will partner with the teacher and collaborate in the delivery of programs that will enhance children’s cognitive, physical, social, catholic faith and emotional development and communication, language and literacy.
Successful candidates will be placed on the “call out list” and be contacted as required in London, Middlesex and Oxford counties.
- Two year community college diploma in Early Childhood Education with minimum one year experience preferably in an educational setting
- Certification with the Ontario College of Early Childhood Educators
- Possess an understanding and appreciation of Catholic Education and the mission of the London District Catholic School Board
- Knowledge of the Ministry of Education Early Learning Program, curriculum and related legislation (refer to the Ministry of Education’s website)
- Ability to assist children in washroom routines, dressing and lunchtime activities
- Physically able to assist children as required; such as: stand/walk/crouch for extended periods, move/carry equipment for program
- Ability to communicate in French is an asset
- Strong organization and time management skills with the ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Possess an understanding and commitment to confidentiality
- Basic computer skills required
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
Applications must include: cover letter and resume, documented proof of qualification, and the names and contact information of two employment references, one of whom is your immediate supervisor.
Human Resources Services
London District Catholic School Board
5200 Wellington Rd. S
London, ON, N6E 3X8