WE is a movement that brings people together and gives them the tools to change the world. Our vision is to shift the world from “me” to “we.” Our mission is to empower all people to change the world, locally and globally, achieving transformative outcomes for themselves and others.
WE is seeking a strong, detail-oriented leader to act as an Associate Director to join the Strategy Team. The incumbent will report directly to theHead of Development Strategy and Operations, acting as an ambassador for the organization. The individual will oversee the day to day management of the Development Strategy team, responsible for proposal and partnership development with corporate partners, foundations, government institutions, and individuals, working closely with relationship managers and implementing teams to ensure organizational priorities are achieved.
This individual must be passionate and committed to the core beliefs of the organization—the WE.org Philosophy.
The position is based out of WE’s office in Toronto (233 Carlton Street).
- Help to build and create multi-dimensional partnership proposals for both North American and International projects
- Collaborate with the organization’s implementing teams to gather relevant information about programs and impacts to be able to address the interests of prospects in highly customized proposals including coordinating meetings, understanding the priorities of prospects, delivering proposals and coordinating/delivering feedback
- Act as a contact for senior leaders within the organization seeking the support of the Strategy team, assist in
- Drive the strategy team’s project workflow, ensuring fulfilment of timelines and objectives, and alignment with other teams
- Review final deliverables to ensure quality, consistency and alignment to organizational priorities
- Identify, develop and implement process improvements across the team
Human Resources and Team Management
- Responsible for overseeing a dynamic team, including driving priorities related to the above activities, performing regular check-ins, coaching and mentoring team members as they develop in their roles.
- Participate in the hiring and training of new staff joining the team, and ensure staff are provided with opportunities for professional development and relevant training.
What you bring:
- Five years+ of relevant professional experience such related to proposal development and/or business development strategy
- Strong project management and internal process-building skills
- Strong skills in interpersonal communication – written and oral ‑ and relationship management
- Attention to detail, and high-level of accountability for the quality and timely completion of projects.
- Able and willing to travel and work outside regular business hours
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Ability to time-manage and multi-task in a demanding and fast-paced work environment
- A passion for and experience in leading a young, growing team
- Positive and professional attitude, ability to work as a team player
- Experience working with Microsoft Office Suites (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree, diploma or certificate.
What makes us unique…
Social entrepreneurs Marc Kielburger and Craig Kielburger co-founded WE and WE Charity (formerly Free The Children) 20 years ago and have grown it into a family of organizations, including WE Day and ME to WE. WE Charity was among the first organizations in Canada to turn philanthropy on its head by creating a legally distinct social enterprise, ME to WE. Through the social enterprise, 50% of the profits support WE Charity, while the rest is reinvested in the social enterprise.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and welcomes all interested parties to apply. We sincerely thank all those who apply, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.