We thank and acknowledge all applicants and will pro-actively contact those selected for interviews.
** Vancouver Multiple Locations**
JOB PURPOSE: To ensure daily setup and collection of Kettles in designated zone along with site supervision.
- Provide safe, secure and timely transfer of Kettles, supplies and money to and from assigned locations
- Communicate with and provide supervision, instruction and guidance to Kettle hosts; report any and all incidents, recommendations, concerns, and trends to Kettle Coordinator
- Liaise with retail/security personnel regarding Kettle exchange, storage, shift changes, personnel changes, host breaks, host belongings, etc.
- Aid hosts in the retrieval and/or set up designated Christmas Kettle from storage locations
- Troubleshoot and debrief with Kettle Coordinator at the beginning and throughout duration of each shift
- Manage inventory and replenish Kettle supplies when low; provide maintenance to Kettles and supplies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be punctual, reliable and community minded
- Positively portrays The Salvation Army and reflect its mission and core values
- Possesses good customer service skills – be friendly, courteous, positive, outgoing, flexible, task oriented, patient
- Be able to work independently
- Ability to focus on job and refrain from distractions, i.e. mobile phone use when driving
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 25 lbs.
- Follows the dress code and be well groomed
- Possesses and wear proper outdoor attire in inclement weather
- Ability to calculate basic mathematical equations and problem-solve
- Possesses and can ensure access to mobile phone, email
- Possesses a valid BC Driver’s License
- Ability to attend orientation session
- Agrees to Standards of Conduct
- Previous fundraising experience, supervision, delivery, and volunteer experience an asset
- Agrees to undergo a Criminal Records Check
- Minimum high school education or equivalency an asset
35 hours per week
Flexible hours required
TERM OF EMPLOYMENT:
• Temporary full-time; 5.5 weeks commitment (Monday – Saturday, No Sundays)
• Duration: November 17, 2016 to December 24, 2016