Closing Date: October 31, 2016
Contract, Full-time, One Year, Maternity Leave
Competition #: 201642
Our Mission: As the nation-wide leader and champion for mental health, CMHA facilitates access to the resources people require to maintain and improve mental health and community integration, helps build resilience, and supports recovery from mental illness.
Our Organizational Values:
- Client and Family Centered – through partnership, accountability and action
- Culturally Competent – to provide the best service and work experience
- Innovation – to bring value to our community
Team Values: Trust, Respect, Communication and Teamwork.
Hours of work: 35 hours per week. Flexible evening or weekend hours may be required.
The Resource Development & Communications Coordinator supports annual fundraising and development campaign strategies and event planning, including national signature event. The incumbent assists with ongoing stewardship and maintenance of members and donors including mailings, renewals, follow up calls and thank you letters.
The Resource Development & Communications Coordinator assists with production and scheduling of annual communication strategies (e-newsletter, printed newsletter, media releases, web materials, social media content and promotions and event material). Coordinates communication and marketing plans with strong focus on managing and maintaining social initiatives.
The incumbent is responsible for the accurate and timely utilization of the e-Tapestry database for campaigns, gift receipting, acknowledgement and donor recognition. Oversees website fundraising content and drives social media and marketing, in collaboration with Director of Philanthropy and national office CMHA.
This position reports to and is supervised by the Director of Philanthropy and works closely with CMHA stakeholders including donors, community, staff and volunteers.
- Post Secondary Education in Fundraising, Communications, Marketing or Event Management
- Experience in coordination, management and maintenance of social media campaigns across all platforms with special focus on website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest
- Solid knowledge of fundraising software and proficient computer skills
- Website experience an asset
- Demonstrable ability to communicate easily and effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and supporters
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize needs, and organize work efficiently
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
- A second language (Cantonese, Farsi, Italian, Korean, Mandarin, Punjabi, Russian, Tamil, Urdu) reflecting the local community is an asset.
- A valid Canadian driver’s license, a minimum $1,000,000 third party liability insurance
- A satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Screening (Police Check)
Working Conditions: Office work, work in the community, occasional weekend/evening hours may be required
In keeping with mental health reform, best practices, funding and direction this position may later require knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions not noted here.
Why work for CMHA York Region?
We are team committed to our vision of mentally healthy people in a healthy society. That means we respect that our clients are the experts in their recovery journey and our role is to provide support, resources and opportunities based on their hopes and dreams. It means that we foster and encourage an entrepreneurial spirit to create, implement and sustain innovative, evidence based and transformational impact. We seek out and build partnerships, collaborate and share knowledge to be the most culturally competent team and fully integrated service delivery partner.
Our team cares for each other. We have our own team values of trust, respect, teamwork and communication. We hold ourselves accountable and we celebrate our wins. Because we risk, we learn and we take the opportunity and time to constantly improve our skills, the way we function as a team and ultimately deliver services.
We are a team committed to mental health for all. Join us and be part of providing great care in great communities!
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please visit our website, click on the APPLY NOW button. Submit cover letter and resume together as one (1) document / attachment in the Resume section, quoting Competition # 201642.
CMHA, York Region Branch supports the recovery of people with mental illness and promotes diversity in the workplace. We welcome consumers, women, aboriginal people, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBT, visible minority and immigrant communities to apply.
To request this posting in an alternate format or to request accommodation in the application process, email
To apply, please visit our website: www.cmha-yr.on.ca, under CAREERS section
Posting Link: http://bit.ly/2dpSb65
While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Phone Calls please.
Canadian Mental Health Association - York and South Simcoe
1101 Nicholson Road Unit 5
Newmarket, ON, L3Y 9C3