The BC SPCA is 120 years young and growing stronger every year. We are a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to protecting and enhancing the quality of life for domestic, farm and wild animals in British Columbia. Through our 43 locations throughout BC and a provincial office in Vancouver, the BC SPCA provides a wide range of services and programs to help more than 45,000 animals in distress and need each year.
We are seeking a professional, highly organized, person to join the Humane Education Department. Working at our location in Surrey the successful candidate for this full-time position will work within the designated communities to promote humane education, engage youth in SPCA education programs, distribute humane education messaging and supervise youth camp staff in that region. This position functions as part of the provincial BC SPCA Education Department team with a regional focus on the western half of the Lower Mainland region.
The programming will predominately be directed to youth but may include general humane education. You will be required to implement programming set by the Society through the BC SPCA Education Department and work collaboratively on a comprehensive approach and plan for the dissemination of programming in the region.
You are a creative thinker who is passionate about improving the lives of animals. You are a self-starter, able to initiate and complete tasks, and to work both independently and as a member of the team.
Required skills, knowledge and abilities to succeed in this role:
- A post-secondary degree in education, animal sciences, biology, social work or related discipline an asset
- Minimum of one-year experience working with children in a group setting
- Knowledge and experience with a wide variety of animals an asset
- Exemplary organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong oral and written communication skills; confident public speaker with the ability to communicate skillfully and effectively with diverse audiences
- Ability to relate well with youth and adults; strong interpersonal relationship and alliance building skills
- Demonstrated customer-service skills
- Work in a positive and professional manner
- Good conceptualization and problem-solving skills
- Competent computer skills using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Desktop publishing skills and web design an asset
- Class 5 driver's license and access to a vehicle is required
Successful candidates will be legally entitled to work in Canada and be required to provide a current criminal record check and Driver’s Abstract as a condition of employment
If you are interested in being a part of the a great team, email your resume, cover letter (MS Word or PDF format) including salary expectations no later than October 21, 2016 to: . Help us make a difference.
TO ENSURE DELIVERY USE THE FOLLOWING SUBJECT LINE FOR YOUR EMAIL:
"SPCA Job Posting-Coord, HE LM”
We thank you for your interest in the B.C. SPCA, however; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
The BC SPCA is a Registered Charity BN 11881 9036 RR0001