Two Part-time (17.5hrs/wk) Permanent Positions
This position will build relationships with newly referred consumers to mental health case management by acting as a source of system information and by providing initial peer support and assistance regarding the access system. The Facilitator will participate in the day-to-day management of MH Access operations. To act as a team member and promote agency values of teamwork, participation and networking within the agency and community at large.
- Lived experience of mental illness
- Demonstrated experience and/or training in the provision of peer support in the adult mental health sector
- Utilizing formal and informal contacts with government and agency partners
- Comprehensive knowledge of community resources for mental health and substance abuse
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated creativity and problem solving strategies
- Computer literacy and experience with Microsoft Word
- Experience working in a multi-cultural community
- Second language is an asset
- A valid driver’s license, business insurance and reliable vehicle are required for this position.
YSSN is a progressive work environment with a willingness to accommodate that promotes diversity in the workplace. We encourage members of visible minority, immigrant, aboriginal or LGBTQ communities, people with disabilities and consumers to apply.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process as per Ontario Human Rights Code.
If you require assistance with the application process or wish to receive this posting in an alternate format, please contact Human Resources at 905-898-6455 X 2344.
Applicants should forward a resume, indicating position, source and QUOTE JOB # 863 by 4:30 p.m. Friday, October 14, 2016 to:
Human Resources Department
240 Edward Street, Unit 3
Aurora, Ontario, L4G 3S9
Fax # (905) 898-1171
Note: Your resume will not be viewed if above job number is not stated in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.