Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre provides programs that strengthen and enrich the lives of children and parents. Programs are delivered using a holistic approach to support the emotional, physical and intellectual needs of children in the community.
Reporting to the Family Support Program Manager, the Family Support Program Coordinator provides supervision to members of the team responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of family support programming, which includes home visitation, supportive counseling and family advocacy.
This position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evening and Saturday shifts.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide direct supervision, support and ongoing feedback to Family Support Workers who deliver the home visitation and supportive counseling services to Norwood’s participants
- Identify and support professional training and development opportunities for individual staff
- Coordinate staff schedules and attendance and review leave requests
- Participate in the recruitment process on behalf of the Family support team and provide orientation to new team members
- Support the Family Support team regarding significant and/or sensitive child or family issues
- Link program plans and individual staff performance plans to agency strategic goals
- Conduct evaluations to determine the effectiveness of the Family Support Program to meet agency and funder outcomes
- Implement appropriate documentation and protocol measures, best practices in conjunction with Norwood’s policies and practices, funder requirements and program outcomes
The successful candidate must possess:
- Degree/diploma in Social Work or a related Human Services field
- A minimum of three years supervisory experience within a family support program/service
- Effective leadership skills including performance management processes
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Adaptability to changing work environments; work priorities and organizational needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A current First Aid Certificate, Criminal Record Check and CWIS Record Check
- A valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre offers a compassionate team environment with a competitive compensation plan, full benefits, paid time off at Christmas and Spring Break (in addition to regular vacation), a commitment to staff celebration and recognition, a strong focus on employee wellness, team building activities, and ongoing professional development.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.