The Mustard Seed’s Mission is to build hope and wellbeing for our most vulnerable citizens through Jesus’ love.
The 1010 Centre Front Desk Support Workers provide 24 hour a day, 7 day a week frontline support to the 1010 building, often being the first point of contact for residents, Mustard Seed staff, and visitors. This position is fast paced and the candidate must be able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while always maintaining a professional approach. Primary to this role is the monitoring of building access through encoded key FOBs, and the overseeing of activities within and around the property via CCTV surveillance. Liaising with the Street Level Team, managing phone calls, and conducting security patrols within and around the property will also be important to optimizing safety, service, and a sense of community within the Tower.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise 1010 Centre building access, which includes logging visitors in and out;
- Provide a visible and attentive security presence on the main floor of the 1010 Centre, perceiving and responding to opportunities that will optimize safety, and build community;
- Monitor the resident, staff, and visitor activities within and around the 1010 building and parkade, providing support and crisis intervention as required;
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with the Street Level Team;
- Conduct security patrols, complete logs, and prepare reports as required;
- Keep all client information confidential;
- Other duties and tasks as required.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma preferred;
- Front line experience in security or customer service preferred;
- Experience with crisis intervention and problem solving considered an asset;
- Good organizational and time management skills;
- Strong relationship building and communication skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office computer applications;
- Experience or willing to gain experience using CCTV security systems;
- A self-starter with the ability to work in a cross-functional team;
- Desire to serve in a Christian ministry;
- This position is part of a rotational work week schedule, comprised of 12 hour shifts, that run either Sunday – Tuesday or Thursday - Saturday, plus alternating Wednesdays;
- This position will require working inside and outside in various climates, and will involve moderate levels of physical effort, including but not limited to, standing for long periods, sitting, walking, climbing stairs, bending, and lifting.
- This position requires focused mental effort, including but not limited to, adapting to an often fast-paced environment, operating a computer, using a CCTV security system, using two-way radio communications, perceiving and quickly responding to crises within and around the 1010 Centre building.
- Employment Security Check is required
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employerStart date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward cover letter and resume to indicating the position title in the subject line.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days.