Organic Alberta represents and supports the entire organic industry. This means that we serve all certified organic and transitioning entities (producers and processors), all businesses within the organic value chains, and businesses that serve the organic sector such as but not limited to distribution, transportation, brokers & buyers, marketers, certifiers, inputs, seed, feed and retailers.
Organic Alberta is looking for a candidate with strong communications skills, who is self-motivated, highly organized and able to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will have a background in communications with strong writing skills, expertise with social media and an ease in all forms of communication such as cold calling for surveys, and responding to general inquiries from the public. We also house the Prairie Organic Grain Initiative, which, in partnership with other provincial partners, delivers programs related to field crop production across the three prairie provinces.
• General Communications support including
o Social media
o Responding to member and general public inquiries (phone and email)
o Preparing monthly member communications
o Updating websites (content management system)
o Managing our member and stakeholder communications tools including Insightly and MailChimp.
• Developing and communicating key messaging
• Developing promotional materials for our programs and events
• Managing the launch of our Business to Business directory including
o Contacting businesses to update their information, solicit upgrades and sell advertising
o Updating the back end of the directory
o Coordinating the launch including developing promotional strategy and implementation
• Develop and implement a plan for distributing resources to organic producers
• Other activities as needed to support Organic Alberta staff and programs
Requirements: Funding for this position is provided by Agriculture Youth Green Jobs Internship. The applicant must be under the age of 30 and have successfully completed a university degree.
• 3 years’ experience in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related discipline and experience.
• Detail oriented with excellent communication skills.
• Have active experience in various social media channels including the use of Hootsuite.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities. • Experience with Insightly or Mailchimp considered an asset
• Knowledge and experience in the environmental, food or organic sector will be considered an asset.
Job Posting Details: Full time, $18-22/hour, depending on experience. The posting is open until position is filled. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to . Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.