Organic Alberta represents and supports the entire organic industry. This means that we serve all certified organic and transitioning entities (producers and processors), all businesses within the organic value chains, and businesses that serve the organic sector such as but not limited to distribution, transportation, brokers & buyers, marketers, certifiers, inputs, seed, feed and retailers.
Organic Alberta is looking for a self-motivated, highly organized, detail-oriented person who is able to work in a fast paced environment. The candidate will have a background in program and event coordination and be able to manage multiple priorities and projects.
• Event planning and coordination including
o with support from the conference organizing committee, taking the lead in organizing Organic Alberta’s AGM and two regional conferences
o providing general event coordination support for other events as needed
• Program coordination
o Provide general coordination support for programs led by the Prairie Organic Grain Initiative program manager and the Organic Alberta Grain and Livestock program manager, such as:
Coordination of the nutrient budgeting program
Coordination of the green manure survey
Coordination of the cost of production focus groups
• Other activities as needed to support Organic Alberta staff and programs.
Requirements: Funding for this position is provided by Agriculture Youth Green Jobs Internship. The applicant must be under the age of 30 and have successfully completed a university degree.
• 3 years’ experience in program and event coordination
• Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
• Strong communication skills and enjoys working in a team environment
• Dependable, self-starter who is comfortable working independently
• Ability to manage multiple priorities
• Project management training and experience will be considered an asset
• Knowledge and experience in the environmental, food or organic sector will be considered an asset
• Ability to travel and work some evenings and weekends
Job Posting Details: Full time, $18-22/hour, depending on experience. The posting is open until position is filled. To apply please email your resume and cover letter to . Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.