Kokoro Dance Theatre Society (KDTS) and Vancouver International Dance Festival Society (VIDFS)
Established in 1986, Kokoro Dance has presented more than 1,000 productions across Canada, in the USA, Europe, and South America. The mandate of Kokoro Dance is to create works that change how dance is performed and perceived. Kokoro Dance creates dances that touch the hearts, minds and spirits of its audiences. Toward that end, Kokoro Dance investigates all possibilities of dance performance with a special interest in interdisciplinary collaborations. http://kokoro.ca
Established in 2000 by Kokoro Dance, the VIDF annually takes place over a three-week period in the month of March. The VIDF presents local, national and international contemporary dance in performances and workshops at venues including Roundhouse, Vancouver Playhouse, Scotiabank Dance Centre, Studio 1398 (Granville Island), and Woodwards Atrium and KW Studios. http://vidf.ca
BASIC ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Participating youth must:
- be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the time of intake;
- have demonstrated skills achievement at the post-secondary level (this means that you must have more than secondary school achievement);
- intend to gain ICT skills and knowledge;
- meet the job requirements of the IHO, which should included stated ICT-related activities;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and be legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- must not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Information Technology Intern will be responsible for assisting with the operations of the Kokoro Dance Theatre Society (KDTS) and Vancouver International Dance Festival Society (VIDFS); specifically, the intern will be involved in the following areas:
- Maintenance of the KDTS/VIDFS server (MS Server 2012 R2 – Standard Edition)
- Social Media (Facebook, Twitter) campaigns for both KDTS and VIDFS
- Website development and maintenance for both Kokoro.ca and vidf.ca
- Database maintenance for KTDS/VIDFS box office system; this includes phone and venue box office sales and patron services, receiving payments, undertaking daily administrative tasks, and updating company databases with sales and patron information.
General Administrative Duties: The intern will have the opportunity to support the Executive Director in administrative tasks and special projects, which may include, but is not limited to, database and archive management, filing, correspondence, and research.
INTERNSHIP DURATION: 650 hrs
Internship provided via the Vancouver Community Network Youth Internship program and funded by Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada (ISED), administered by Industry Canada.