The Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation is the official fundraising body for the Alberta Children’s Hospital. As a leader in the not-for-profit sector, the Foundation is dedicated to upholding our “I CARE” values of Integrity, Commitment, Authenticity, Respect and Excellence. Our employees embrace these values and, through their commitment and dedication to excellence, enrich our relationships with our donors, partners, stakeholders, and the community, and support our mission: To inspire our community to invest in excellence in child health, research & family centred care.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant for a full-time, temporary position (9 month term) starting in January 2017 and concluding in October 2017. The role will provide key administrative support for an inaugural run taking place in September 2017 in support of the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation (ACHF). The ideal candidate will be professional, dependable and resourceful, possess excellent interpersonal and technical administrative skills, and be passionate about the mission of the Foundation.
Administrative Assistant – Temporary, Full-Time (Nine Month Term)
Reporting to the Associate Manager, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the planning and facilitation of this inaugural run, by ensuring the overall administrative needs are met. This role will work collaboratively with the Run Team to provide customer service to participants, sponsors, organizers, and donors, assisting with and troubleshooting online race registration, and monitoring run related social media. In addition, the Administrative Assistant will provide key support for run related sponsorship activities. The position will be based out of our office (located in the Alberta Children’s Hospital) but will require travel, from time to time, to various locations in Calgary and surrounding areas, acting as a liaison for the for the run and an ambassador of the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation. While our regular hours of business are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., events and meetings may take place on weekends and evenings. A valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required for this position.
- Provide overall administrative support and assistance to the Associate Manager(s) as well as to the Run Team including : providing support for sponsorship, conducting research of prospective sponsors and registrants, preparing letters, correspondence, reports, and other written materials, scheduling meetings, compiling materials, and working with the Volunteer Coordinator to request and schedule volunteer support for the event.
- Act as the key point of contact for the Run, responding to telephone and email inquiries from current and potential run registrants with relevant information and materials, seeking information or directing inquiries to other team members as needed.
- Maintain records in the Raiser’s Edge database; this includes monitoring donor activity, pulling queries & reports, ensuring proper coding for gifts and entering actions, relationships & proposals in accordance with established guidelines.
- Assist with the management of donors and run registrants. This includes monitoring fundraising efforts, responding to inquiries, correcting data online, providing donor stewardship and appropriate donor recognition, conducting hospital tours, compiling event materials and race kits, managing tracking forms, supporting the coordination of event logistics and event attendance.
- Assist with event listings and social media mentions in relation to Run through our website; extract and prepare report data from online run registrants and donors (Luminate).
- Act as an ambassador for the Alberta Children’s Hospital Foundation, maintaining a positive and professional image and remaining diplomatic and tactful at all times.
- Provide administrative and other support for other events and initiatives in Community Initiatives and Events Team as needed.
- At least 2 years of experience and demonstrated success in a customer service or office support role where interaction with clients/customers is the primary focus. Experience in with a similar organization or in a similar role is considered an asset.
- Diploma in business or office administration, non-profit studies, or other relevant program; suitable combinations of education and experience will be considered. Preference will be given to those with a specialization in Nonprofit Management, Events Management, or Fund Development.
- Outstanding customer service skills, demonstrating a positive attitude and professionalism as well as compassion and empathy; excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential.
- Dependable, innovative, and resourceful team player with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Well organized and self-motivated with previous experience in independently managing multiple priorities in time-sensitive and dynamic environment.
- Focus on accuracy and attention to detail combined with flexibility and adaptability.
- Intermediate level skills in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Previous experience and proficiency in a database is required; Luminate and Raiser’s Edge proficiency is preferred.
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency in social media platforms.
- Excellent technical and administrative skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to travel to various locations in Calgary and the surrounding areas; a valid Driver’s License and vehicle is required for this position.