E4C is a not-for-profit organization that works across Edmonton, helping people get what they need to tackle life’s challenges. At E4C, we are working to limit, alleviate and ultimately eliminate poverty in Edmonton. Everyone has a story . . . and we believe in a future where poverty isn’t part of it.
The Homeless Support Services offers shelter and supportive services to adults struggling with homelessness, poverty and addictions. Youth Housing Programs offers safe, supportive housing for youth experiencing addictions and homelessness. As a member of the homeless support services and youth housing programs team, your primary responsibility will be providing direct care to service users and ensure their needs are being met with dignity and respect.
Why Join Our Team
- Build relationships and connect people to the work we do.
- Engage individuals with meaningful opportunities, which positively impact those we serve.
- Be a part of a supportive team, dedicated to professional and personal growth.
In Your Role You Will
- Provide direct care to residential clients through providing basic needs, adhering to harm reduction, best practices and client centered approach.
- Build rapport, supervise and support youth
- Complete regular household duties
- Modeling appropriate living and life skills, recreational activities and daily meaningful activities to enable community connection.
- To assist with client case work through maintaining case records, service plans and other documentation; and communication with program staff.
- To maintain a safe and healthy living environment and adherence to safety and security protocols.
As The Successful Candidate, You Possess:
- Ability to work in various programs within the division; ICHYP, Crossroads House, Elizabeth house, Crossroads Downtown, Crossroads Outreach, Women’s Emergency Accommodation Centre, Shelter Exit Team and Intensive Case Management Team.
- Strong interpersonal skills, creative, empathetic, enthusiastic team player that possesses the ability to work with initiative and independence.
- Some post-secondary training in a human service field OR 6 months of related work experience.
- Current Police Information Check and Child Intervention Checks.
- Current Standard First Aid and Suicide Intervention Training.
- Knowledge of inner city, homelessness, poverty, mental health, addiction, prostitution, abuse and multicultural issues.
- A strong understanding and desire for social justice.
Thank you to all those apply. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.