NEXT Canada’s mission is to increase national prosperity by providing an ecosystem to support the country’s most exceptional entrepreneurs and innovators. We believe in founder development – a unique blend of mentorship, education and networking that inspires driven Canadians to disrupt industries and build globally relevant companies. We believe that harnessing the potential of big thinking Canadians is key to success on a global stage. NEXT Canada delivers three programs: Next 36, Next Founders and Next AI.
What people are saying about NEXT Canada:
"This program is the most important thing going on in Canada today. Full stop."
John Kelleher, Partner at McKinsey & Company; NEXT Canada Board Co-chair
"The Next 36 experience has been invaluable. Ultimately the program raised the bar for what I want to accomplish in the future, and taught several first-hand, crucial skills for building a successful business."
Stephen Lake, Co-Founder of Thalmic Labs; Next 36 Alumnus (2011 cohort)
"The Next 36 has me excited about what the Canadian business landscape will look like in 25 years. We are preparing the future leaders of this country so that Canada can be a strong leader on the global stage."
Jordan Banks, Managing Director, Facebook Canada; Next 36 Mentor
NEXT Canada is seeking a highly organized, motivated and efficient individual to join a team of 8 staff, and a growing network of mentors, advisors, volunteers and donors. This role will have responsibility for managing the organization’s office and administrative needs while supporting the marketing function. The Office & Marketing Coordinator reports directly to the President and collegially with other members of the team.
This entry-level role is based in NEXT Canada’s offices at Bloor and Avenue, in midtown Toronto. The ideal candidate is a university or college graduate with experience in office management and is a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Financial management: managing accounts payable and receivable, charitable tax receipting (using Quickbooks) and credit card reconciliation
- Contact management using DonorPerfect Online
- Office management including ordering of supplies, answering the main phone line, liaising with the building management, managing the organization’s email accounts, being the point of contact with communications provider for phones and office internet, and monitoring the general email inbox
- Quarterly government grant reporting: claiming all eligible expenses under the CAIP contribution agreement, tracking staff hours, and preparing yearly reports for IRAP on program performance and metrics
- Social media monitoring: assisting with the management of social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn through Hootsuite and helping to execute social media strategy
- Events administration: managing invites, name tags, media kits, shipping of marketing materials, booking travel, and day of event execution
- Prospecting and outreach for potential program applicants for Next 36 & Next Founders programs
- Executive assistance to the President: scheduling meetings and managing his/her calendar, completing expense reports and booking travel
- Legal administration: organization of N36’s legal requirements, organizing and executing on the incorporation documents for the team ventures and organizing signature collection for team ventures receipts, etc.
- Basic HR management: including managing the benefits program, on-boarding and off-boarding of staff, recording and reconciling vacation
- Some evening and weekend work will be required
Preferred Candidate Specifications:
- A university or college degree and a track record of relevant administrative office experience
- Experience with social media platforms such as Hootsuite, event registration software (eg. Eventbrite, Celebrations) and CRM software and databases an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with financials including accounts payable and receivable an asset but not required
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications, particularly Word and Excel
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Sound judgment and discretion
- A flexible and cooperative team player
- Effective under pressure
- Able to operate effectively without close supervision
- Keen to work in a young, dynamic and ambitious organization