Keremeos Youth and Young Adult Treatment Centre
Regular Full Time
Pacific Community Resources Society requires a regular full-time experienced inspirational leader to manage a remote youth and young adult addictions treatment centre in Keremeos.
The successful candidate will possess a strong ability to provide vision, leadership and clinical direction for a multi-disciplinary team. We require an experienced, registered clinician who has a multitude of experience and skills in the following areas: leadership of a diverse team, community development; networking with government and community services; policy and proposal writing; personnel management; financial and facility management; fund development; supervision and consultation to clinical team, ability to co-lead with the Operations Manager; passion to work with at-risk, marginalized youth, parents and professionals, advisory groups and diverse populations. The successful candidate will demonstrate strong partnership development and management skills, be engaged in daily hands-on collaborative efforts within a team oriented, person-centred, strengths based, harm reduction, recovery focused and hope inspiring model.
This position requires a sound understanding of addictions, mental health, and trauma informed practices. In addition, the successful candidate will show expertise in Attachment Theory, Child and Adolescent Growth and Development, counselling theories such as CBT, DBT, Motivational Interviewing, Solution-Focused, Existential and Experiential Therapies. The level of knowledge will also include team building, clinical supervision, and management expertise. This position will also provide direct clinical interventions with residents depending on the area of expertise (i.e. family therapy, group work, one to one caseload etc.).
The successful candidate will have a strong knowledge base of successful treatment practices for youth and young adults, and the ability to balance clinical methodologies with recreational and relationship based practice.
Key Areas of Accountability:
The Clinical Manager has five key areas of responsibility that are considered critical to the success of the mission of the organization.
1. Clinical Leadership
2. Program Development
3. Public Relations and Program Marketing
4. Relationship with Key Stakeholders
5. Program Administration
1) Clinical Leadership:
- Responsible for ensuring a trauma informed environment
- Responsible for supporting the clinical direction of the program
- Hiring and coordinating the orientation for new clinical staff.
- Provide clinical supervision to a multi-disciplinary team
- Assists staff in understanding applicable Act/Regulations, policies, procedures and roles of the various Ministries.
- Coordinates supervision meetings and assesses program performance in meeting contract outcomes.
- Manages personnel problems and addresses service delivery issues.
- Delegates appropriate responsibilities and tasks to staff and provide the necessary training.
- Provides leadership in identifying problems and problem resolution.
- Provides leadership in program evaluation and development.
- Leadership in on call crisis intervention (after hours attendance on evenings and weekends as required)
2) Program Development:
- Explores and pursues opportunities for partnership and program development.
- Responsible for development of proposals for program expansion, renewal and development, in collaboration with the Director of Addiction Services.
3) Public Relations and Program Marketing:
- Participates in/develops community networks
- Engages in public relations with government policy-makers.
- Engages in public relations with the media and the public.
- Prepares reports/conducts special studies, makes presentations.
4) Relationships with Key Stakeholders:
- Maintains professional working relationships with various Ministry personnel
- Organizes and coordinates meetings
- Participates in various committees, working groups, associations.
- Maintains effective and appropriate relationships with partnering service delivery organizations, with government officials, volunteers, community groups.
- Communicates and/or promotes the agency's mission/vision/values, funding needs, and value to the community.
- Represents the agency at community and fund raising events, or other official functions.
- Liaises with national and provincial membership organizations.
5) Program Administration:
- Works with the Director of Addiction Services and the Operational Manager for financial planning, management and outcome monitoring.
- Responsible for responding to complaints and addressing concerns through identified complaint procedures.
- Represents the Agency as delegated.
- Works with the Board of Directors’ and their committees as required.
- Understands and applies the Agency’s Policies and Procedures.
- Assists the Executive Management team in the administration tasks of the Agency as delegated.
6) Team Work:
- Develops and fosters a strong positive team environment that enhances employee motivation and engagement.
- Participates in the Management Team at PCRS, including preparing Managers reports.
- Communicates effectively with co-workers and supervisors.
- With the Director, Operations Manager, and Manager of HR, coordinates professional development and training.
Academic and Job Experience Required:
Master’s Degree and Registered Clinical Counselling certification. Five (5) years of experience in a senior management position responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of operational programming.
- Criminal Records Check including the vulnerable sector
- Current Standard First Aid Certificate
- Tuberculosis and Medical Clearance
- Class 5 driver’s license preferred with Business Use Insurance and $3 Million Liability
- Use of own vehicle required. Paid mileage.
- Driver’s Abstract
- Demonstrated competence in program management, supervision, personnel management, fiscal management and budgeting.
- Possess excellent time management skills; ability to balance multiple, often conflicting priorities.
- Ability to lead in order to achieve outcomes.
- Effective team building and mentoring skills.
- Committed to the Agency’s mission, vision and values.
- Strong verbal, interpersonal, presentation and written communication skills are essential.
Salary Range: $2,494.58 - $2,993.50 biweekly plus comprehensive benefits package including pension
Closing Date: Close of business (4:30 pm) on October 28, 2016