Terra Centre is a non-profit organization that has been serving pregnant and parenting teens in Edmonton since 1971. With support from individuals and groups in our community, Terra helps more than 1,000 young parents and their children a year to develop and reach their full potential.
The successful candidate filling this maternity leave position is responsible for maintaining and monitoring the collaborative service delivery and the coaching and supervision of five Terra personnel. The position is working 35 hours/week with flexible hours including occasional evenings to best meet the needs of program participants and staff.
Please note as this is a maternity leave cover position, the position will work November 1, 2016 to December 31, 2017.
Responsibilities /Summary of Primary Functions
Individual and Team Development
- Responsible for orientation, professional development and regular supervision of staff
- Facilitate monthly Educational Support Worker meetings
- Maintain team performance by strengthening team relationships and problem solving skills
- Actively participate in regular supervision meetings and annual performance reviews
- Actively participate in self-evaluation, peer evaluation and volunteer student evaluation
- In coordination with the Manager Services for Educational Achievement participate in staff attraction and hiring processes
- Assign participants to Educational Support Worker caseload
- Monitor participant files and their progress
- Maintain primary responsibility for quality service delivery within the supervised program
- Promote and encourage a consistent team approach to service delivery
- Ensure communication protocols and processes are in place to maintain information exchange with stakeholders
- Under the direction of the Manager, Services for Educational Achievement, develop and implement enhancements to program services
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Compilation of monthly program data for agency reporting
- Under the direction of the Manager, ensure that data collection activities support the overall reporting, evaluation and planning needs of the program and agency
- Complete written reports as required by the Manager, the agency, partners and funders
- Actively participate in Supervisor Committee meetings
- Work in collaboration with other Supervisors to ensure effective functioning of program teams and consistency in the delivery of information to agency personnel
- Contribute to a positive working environment and promote effective agency team functioning
- Participate in the implementation of Terra’s annual and strategic plan
- Participate and collaborate with leadership team members in the planning of agency meetings and chairing of meetings
- Collaborate with Braemar School Administration to ensure quality service delivery to teen families
- Support the mandates, philosophies, policies and expectations of the Edmonton Public School Board and Braemar School
- Liaison with community resources, agency programs, agency partners and stakeholders
- Represent Terra and parenting teens in a professional manner
- Ensure the timely, accurate and effective flow of information gained from external liaison to appropriate Agency personnel
- Respond to inquiries for information from potential clients, their families, the general public, and other organizations/institutions
- Degree or Diploma in the human services field
- Supervisory Skill Training Course
- First Aid and Suicide Intervention Certificates
- Experience in program development and delivery of best practise guidelines
- Minimum three years’ experience in direct service delivery to adolescents
- Minimum three years’ supervisory experience within the non profit sector would be preferred
- Experience with ETO data base is an asset
- Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check completed within the last 6 months
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
Please state your salary expectations in the cover letter.
Closing Date: Until Suitable Candidate is found
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
To apply for this opportunity, please email your résumé and cover letter. Please state your salary expectations in the cover letter. Please indicate Supervisor, Services for Educational Achievement, in the Subject Line of the email.
Edmonton Human Resources Cluster