The Mustard Seed’s Mission is to build hope and wellbeing for our most vulnerable citizens through Jesus’ love.
Reporting to the Fund Development Manager (Edmonton), the Development and Donor Stewardship Coordinator is responsible for supporting The Mustard Seed’s fundraising program by cultivating relationships with individual and corporate donors and supporters who provide gifts of $1,000 to $10,000, as well as initiating and sustaining related donor stewardship activities. This administrative position will provide support to the Major Gifts initiatives, write or assist in preparing grant applications, maintain accurate donor records and facilitate donation processing in collaboration with Donor Relations and Administration teams.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Mustard Seed’s mission is to build hope and wellbeing for our most vulnerable citizens through Jesus’ love.
- Support the Development program through effective gift acknowledgement and stewardship including the creation of thank you letters, impact reports, and personal correspondence where appropriate.
- Work with the Fund Development Manager to ensure that recognition and stewardship activities are undertaken in an intentional and effective manner.
- Create and execute plans to increase the rate of renewal amongst first-time donors to The Mustard Seed.
- Support volunteer involvement within the Development department, as required.
- Support the Major Gifts team with day-to-day tasks, and with prospect management for larger campaigns.
- Write or assist with the preparation of grant applications.
- Maintain accurate donor records and facilitate donation processing in collaboration with Donor Relations team.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Post-secondary education in not for profit management or business (management, marketing and administration) with preference given to an applicant with a minimum of 2 to 5 years of experience, in an administrative and/or fundraising role.
- A personal passion for serving people in need, and a strong ability to communicate that passion to others.
- A skill for building relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Customer service experience is an asset. Two years of experience in a customer service role is preferred.
- An energetic self-starter who can work independently and within a dynamic team environment, managing multiple projects and adhering to strict deadlines.
- Superior written and oral communications skills.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and experience with online search tools.
- Experience with The Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising database software is an asset.
- Superior interpersonal skills, presentation and public speaking skills, good listening and negotiation skills.
- Sound judgment and decision-making capabilities and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Demonstrated drive and initiative to accomplish results.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently.
- Full-time, 40 hours per week. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required.
- Work in an office environment, with opportunities to attend meetings and events throughout the city.
- Fast-paced environment requiring moderate mental effort.
- Occasional travel required. A valid class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required.
- Driver’s Abstract and Employment Security Check required.
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our employees to be in agreement and to sign our statement of faith.
- The Mustard Seed embraces the concept of employment equity, which includes fair representation, anti-discrimination and reasonable accommodation.
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer.
Start date: Immediate
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward cover letter and resume to indicating the position title in the subject line.
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and flex days.