Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre is looking for personable, caring, enthusiastic, understanding, and flexible individuals for our Children’s Program.
As an Early Childhood Educator, you will be responsible for creating an enriched and stimulating learning environment for children, monitoring and documenting children’s progress, assessing program quality, providing flexible in home and/or community support to families based on their needs, and contribute to a positive team setting.
The Children’s Program is a child-directed, learn through play environment for children birth – 6 years old. Children are encouraged to explore, learn, problem solve, and have fun as they play in a safe, nurturing environment. Positive play experiences are aimed at fostering optimal development of personal/social skills, communication skills, gross and fine motor skills, appropriate problem solving/cognitive skills, and coping/emotional skills.
This is a temporary position until August 2017 with a possibility of an extension.
This position requires a flexible work schedule that includes evening and weekend shifts.
The ideal candidates will possess the following qualifications:
- Child Development Supervisor Certificate (formerly level 3)
- Experience working with young children and their parents
- Experience providing an enriched experiential environment for young children
- Experience working with children and families from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment
- A current First Aid Certificate, Criminal Record Check and CWIS Record Check
- Valid Driver's License and access to a reliable vehicle is required
Norwood Child & Family Resource Centre offers a compassionate team environment with a competitive compensation plan, full benefits, paid time off at Christmas and Spring Break (in addition to regular vacation), a commitment to staff celebration and recognition, a strong focus on employee wellness, team building activities, and ongoing professional development. The salary for this role is $21.73 – $27.17 per hour based on a 35-hour week.
As part of our screening process, applicants will be asked to provide at least 3 professional references
Closing Deadline: Until a suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.