To keep the premises of the London Centre of Hope in a clean, safe and attractive condition
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma
- At least two years’ experience in a janitorial/maintenance related field
- Demonstrates janitorial/maintenance skills at a professional level
- Professional level of cleaning methods and procedures
- Capable of operating mechanized cleaning and maintenance equipment (such as floor cleaner)
- Physical ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- First Aid/CPR and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention or willingness to acquire one
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to follow detailed instructions
- Understanding of the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army
- An original copy of a Criminal Background Check with vulnerable sector screening that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or a local police detachment.
NOTE: Alternative combinations of education and experience may be considered.
Normal Hours of Work: no guaranteed hours, relief only in a 24/7 operation
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume indicating job title and competition number in email subject line.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation. If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.