BC Children’s Hospital is one of the most recognized and highly regarded institutions in the province and has been rated the top brand in BC through research conducted by Insights West.
BC Children’s Hospital Foundation serves to support the tremendous efforts of the Hospital – its amazing medical care and outstanding research. Our vision is ambitious: Every child is healthy and able to fulfill their hopes and dreams. Our mission: Be a catalyst for transformative child health through excellence in philanthropy, collaboration and advocacy. Our values: excellence, collaboration, accountability, integrity and innovation.
The Foundation is looking for people who share our passion to better the lives of children and their families and join us in our quest and successfully advance our vision and mission.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Director, Donor Relations, the Donor Relations Assistant will contribute to the ongoing development and implementation of a comprehensive donor recognition and stewardship program. The Assistant will work collaboratively with donor relations team members, writers, graphic designers and the philanthropy team to ensure the timely production and delivery of impeccable donor stewardship reports and meaningful donor recognition that fosters positive long-term donor relationships. More specifically, the Donor Relations Assistant will:
- Maintain the Foundation’s annual stewardship report production schedule
- Schedule meetings and take minutes to support the planning and production of individual and organizational donor impact reports
- Coordinate the development and approval of individual impact reports in collaboration with donor relations, philanthropy, strategic partnerships and communication team members
- Maintain an inventory of stewardship templates and tools
- Work in partnership with executive, communications and philanthropy team members to implement highly customized annual stewardship mailings (i.e. Annual Report and Endowment Reports)
- Assist in the editing and proofing of copy for donor walls, recognition plaques, stewardship reports, and other communication materials
- Support the annual updating of donor recognition walls located throughout the BCCH campus
- Maintain and streamline processes to accurately generate donor recognition and mail lists and stewardship reports
- Work collaboratively with information services, philanthropy staff and program assistants on the review, updating and approval of donor and mailing lists
You possess a solid understanding of fundraising principles, communications and/or donor relations. This knowledge is complemented by your proven ability to build strong working relationships and work collaboratively in a dynamic work environment. Your superb organizational, project management and communication skills and attention to detail are critical to the role. You are analytical, methodical and love to solve problems. You have a professional manner and the ability to interact tactfully and diplomatically with a wide variety of people.
In addition, you will have:
- Diploma in Communications, Marketing, Arts, or Business Administration or an Associate Certificate in Fundraising.
- Three years of administrative experience with a focus on project support and/or project management ideally in a fundraising or marketing/communications environment.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Raiser’s Edge 7 or other database experience is an asset.
- Working knowledge of graphic design is an asset.
- Experience in a not-for-profit environment is preferred.
- Or the equivalent combination of related skills and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
BCCHF’s employees have helped to create a work environment in which there is laughter, passion and pride. It is a place where people are respected, appreciated and recognized for their individual and team efforts. We see our employees as our most valuable resource, and we work hard to ensure that employees continue to work in a collaborative and positive environment. As a result, we are proud to state that we have been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers for seven years in a row!
In addition to a nine-day fortnight and a commitment to professional development, we offer a dynamic team environment and a comprehensive compensation package including benefits. If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online at www.bcchf.ca/careers by January 13, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.