Community Volunteer Connections is a volunteer centre located in Coquitlam, serving the Tri-Cities and New Westminster. We are dedicated to bringing communities together by promoting and creating meaningful volunteer engagement. We do this by connecting volunteers and organizations directly, providing volunteer management training, providing contracted volunteer management services, and accelerating the success of volunteers experiencing multiple social barriers in our communities. We are seeking an innovative and adaptable leader to be our next Executive Director.
The CVC Executive Director is responsible for the leadership and management of Community Volunteer Connections in accordance with our mission and strategic plan. Our objectives are to enable anyone who contacts us to be volunteering in their community within one week, and to support our local organizations in creating low-barrier volunteer opportunities to achieve this. We are a leadership and knowledge hub related to volunteering and volunteer management and we champion access to volunteering for everyone in the region.
- Planning, organizing, directing general and day-to-day operations and administration.
- Developing & implementing policy, including human resources, health & safety, program and administrative.
- Risk management including planning, anticipating and developing remediation strategies, maintaining adequate insurance.
- Fundraising and resource development, financial planning and management.
- Maintaining membership and providing leadership in appropriate sector organizations.
- Leading the staff and volunteer team members, performance appraisals, discipline and supervision, ensuring adequate and competent staff resources to meet the service demands. Establishing a healthy and safe work place environment that meets all appropriate legislation and regulations.
- Fostering effective teamwork between the Board of Directors and Executive Director, providing professional advice to support Board in its fulfillment of its responsibilities including Board recruitment and orientation. Identifying, assessing, and informing the Board of Directors of internal and external issues that affect the organization.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with stakeholders, funding sources, volunteers, community groups; communicating and promoting the agency’s services and value to the community. Representing the agency at community events. May participate on various community or volunteer sector task forces, working groups and other committees.
- Preparing annual Operating/Management Plans and budgets. Overseeing initiatives and services as well as agency financial practices and controls, and administrative procedures.
- Developing initiatives, policies and partnerships to promote and address the agency mission.
- Bachelor Degree, or equivalent, in human/social services or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in senior management or leadership role, including responsibility for fund development, multi-program management, human resources, financial management and community relations.
- Experience in voluntary sector promoting and supporting volunteerism.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing multiple programs and projects, and in leading staff, volunteers and community groups to bring individuals and teams together to accomplish a shared goal.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, planning, flexibility and taking initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to fundraise through diversified sources.
- Team oriented with strong facilitation, written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of the Tri-Cities and New Westminster an asset.
|How to Apply:
Please mention you saw this posting on WorkInNonProfits.ca.
If you would like to be a part of a great team, we invite you to forward your resume and cover letter including your salary expectations to .
The posting remains open until the suitable candidate is found. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position, however we will only be contacting those selected for interviews.
Community Volunteer Connections
#200 - 25 King Edward St
Coquitlam, BC, V3K4S8