In this online certificate program, gain a thorough understanding of the nonprofit sector and board governance in Canada, and discover strategies for building successful partnerships and alliances. Learn from experienced nonprofit professionals and acquire relevant skills that can be applied immediately in the workplace.
There are approximately 150,000 charities and nonprofit organizations in Canada employing nearly a million people. These organizations have a significant impact on our communities and our economy, and those employed in the sector have a strong need for skills to meet its unique challenges.
Earn credit toward a degree/diploma. Please see the website for more information.
Requirements - We strongly recommend that you take Introduction to Nonprofit Management prior to any other courses in the program.
Earning Your Extension Certificate - To earn your certificate, complete the eight required courses (120 hours) and two of three optional courses (30 hours). The program may be completed within one semester or extended over three years. You may also register in individual courses provided you meet prerequisites.
Career Outlook - Successful completion of the Nonprofit Management Certificate will be of benefit if you are currently in an entry- to mid-level position in a nonprofit or if you are seeking a career in the nonprofit sector.
- Introduction to Nonprofit Management
- Keys to Managing Nonprofit Organizations I: Strategic Management
- Board Governance in the Nonprofit Sector
- Introduction to Voluntarism in the Nonprofit Sector
- Program Planning & Evaluation for the Nonprofit Sector
- Ethical Issues in the Nonprofit Sector
- Law for the Nonprofit Sector
- Fund Development & Corporate Philanthropy
- Marketing & Public Relations in the Nonprofit Sector
- Keys to Managing Nonprofit Organizations II: Roles & Responsibilities
- Keys to Managing Nonprofit Organizations III: Emerging Trends