I am a Life Coach and Training Specialist with more than fifteen years of experience designing and facilitating training programs for organizations in the profit and not-for-profit sectors.. I specialize in customized training programs that include: (1) team-building (2) conflict resolution (3) workplace reintegration for individuals returning to the workplace after an extended absence due to mental health issues (4) life skills management and (5) managerial training designed to build competencies related to promoting and supporting mental health in the workplace. Recent clients have included Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, Seneca College, Humber College, Canadian Mental Health Association, and Inn From The Cold
Team-Building - Whether you are a team member, a liaison between your team and its management, or head of the team, you will learn proven, hands-on stragegies for getting great results from your team. This program keeps your team on the path to success by helping you master the critical process of being a team. You will learn to establish ground rules that promote mutual respect; learn to manage stress and build relationships;understand personality styles; and discover important skills for building collaboration, motivation and productivity.
Conflict Resolution - Conflict in the workplace can be a positive process. When properly managed, conflict can promote creativity, lead to better decisions, and initiate beneficial change within your organization. This training provides tools and techniques for managing sources of conflict in the workplace that include: supportive confrontation; role clarification; communication skills; diffusing conflict; and dealing with challenging personalities.
Employment - This program is designed to augment traditional employment training programs that focus on the research, resume building, and interviewing aspects of employment. It has proven successful for individuals entering the workplace including youth, adults, and newcomers to Canada. The program focuses on key soft skills that can facilitate a successful integration into the workplace. It includes topics such as; assertiveness skills, understanding personality types, stress management, building resilience, networking skills, managing change and conflict resolution. It addresses emotional and attitudinal issues that can impact job retention. Through a process of self-discovery, participants also examine potential internal barriers to achieving employment success, such as fear, distorted self-perceptions and beliefs. It empowers participants to recognize the unique strengths they have to offer a potential employer.
Life Skills Management - The format for this interactive program is based on "Positive Psychology", "Logo Therapy" and the "Solution Focused" counseling/therapy model. The program explores various psychosocial issues and empowers participants to implement solutions to the challenges they face in their personal and social lives. It focuses on building psychological resilience, emotional resilience, and mental wellness.
As a skilled professional in adult education I offer:
- A strong commitment to, and understanding of, diversity and inclusion in workplace practices.
- Demonstrated crosscultural communication skills
- Extensive experience in adult learning principles and methodologies with the ability to develop and apply a range of learning concepts and approaches (e.g., experiential, classroom, one-on-one).
- Demonstrated success in developing and delivering skills and knowledge development programs, including conducting needs assessments, developing curriculum and creating frameworks for evaluation.
- Demonstrated project management and work planning skills to achieve objectives on time and to a high quality standard.
- Networking and stakeholder management skills to effectively engage and establish relationships with partners, advisory committee members, and potential program participants.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong presentation and group facilitation skills with the ability to persuade and influence.
- A hands-on approach with the ability to take initiative, anticipate next steps and offer recommendations and solutions.
- The ability to maximize the use of resources towards value added activities, resourcefulness, perseverance through challenges, and the drive to deliver high quality results.
- Demonstrated skills to identify learning needs, areas for growth and specific mechanisms to support staff development through group training.
- The ability to create new programs/materials on a range of relevant topics to meet the learning/development needs of stakeholders.Ability to readily identify and assess change and training needs related to people and organizations
- Ability to identify barriers to adoption of change (e.g. learning, resistance to change, etc) and identify methods to overcome based on previous experience and knowledge of best practices
- Excellent facilitation/presentation skills and knowledge of adult learning principles
- Experience operating in highly political environments and across various organizational cultures
- Relationship building, facilitation and influencing skills to successfully partner with internal and external stakeholders
Visit my professional profile on www.linkedin.com