We are looking for a PART TIME COOK at Grandview Terrace Child Care Society to start as soon as possible.
We are a successful non for profit licensed daycare. We provide full time care for children aged 2.5-5years.
This Part time Cook position must show the ability to;
- Deliver and provide nutritious daily lunches as well as afternoon snacks in accordance with the Canada Food Guide to 18months-5yr old children.
- Ensure the kitchen is maintained in an acceptable standard in accordance with environmental health standards.
- Ability to evaluate the monthly menu and make adjustments as needed.
- Ability to prepare a food order based on the menu needs
- Ability to purchase food and kitchen supplies
- Ability to receive food orders and store food in accordance to food safety standards.
- Ability to prep and cook meals and snacks appropriate to the children in care
- Ability to set up each tables with all needed so that on floor staff can independently serve children at each table.
- Ability to maintain a neat and tidy kitchen both during and immediately after preparation
- Ability to store leftover food in accordance with food safety standards
- Works supportively and cooperatively as an effective team member.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Food Safe Certification
- Current First Aid Certification
- Written verification of physical and mental good health as stated by a qualified physician
- Clear criminal record check
- Six months of recent related experience cooking for children aged 18 months to five years.
- ECE or ECEA certificate is an advantage as more hours are available for casual work in the Day Care or Out of School care programs.
Employment Type: REGULAR PART TIME COOK
Hours: Monday to Friday - 4hrs hours per day 9:30am-1:30pm
Salary Information: $16.15/hour plus benefits as per CA
Position Start Date: ASAP