SERVICE DESK ANALYST
Job ID: 3196
SHORT-TERM (APPROX. 6 MOS) FULL-TIME
Location: BURNABY, BC
SERVICE DESK ANALYST
The Service Desk Analyst provides level one technical support on the IT Service Desk covering the hours from 8 am to 5 pm. They serve as first point of contact for clients seeking technical assistance over the phone or via our ticketing system. This includes performing remote support and troubleshooting for our Home Office, all Regional Offices, and Directly Managed Sites, while adhering to IM&T’s policies, procedures and standards in undertaking this work.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Degree or diploma in Information Technology or Computer Science from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Microsoft MCSE or A+ Certification an asset
- Minimum three years progressively more complex and responsible work experience, including:
- Two years experience supporting desktop workstations and associated peripherals
- Two years experience providing first line support (help desk) to users
- Two years experience with Microsoft Office
Or an equivalent combination education, training and experience acceptable to the employer
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Extensive knowledge of desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices, and all peripherals including audio/video devices
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
- Ability to train users
- Physical ability to lift computer equipment over 40 pounds
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Work within a team of technical analysts and be a team player
- Work effectively with minimum supervision
- Generate and articulate new ideas
- Adapt effectively to new technologies
- Create and update technical and end user documentation
- Excel working under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent customer service skills
- Local travel required to Directly Managed sites and regional offices. Occasional travel to regional offices outside the Lower Mainland may also be required.
How to Apply:
Please review the attached job description for a complete list of duties, qualifications and competencies. To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
Your cover letter and resume should be submitted as one document in your profile when applying for this position. Please add your cover letter to your resume and submit both documents as your resume.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
As part of the application process, you will be prompted to fill out a questionnaire which must be completed in order for your application to be considered. Please allot up to 5 minutes to fill it out after submitting your resume and cover letter as one single document.
Only applications submitted using the Online Recruitment System at www.bchousing.org/careers will be accepted
If you are passionate about what you do and want to use your expertise to engage in a meaningful and challenging work, please apply to join our team today at www.bchousing.org/careers
We didn’t become one of BC’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Greenest Employers without a lot of thought, care and consideration for our team and environment. Our supportive and collaborative workplace balances engaging and challenging work with personal development and wellness initiatives.