YMCA Child Care Services has the following Full Time or Part time positions available:
Child Care Educator – Out of School Care
The Child Development Educator provides excellent service, quality programming and care to participants and families of Child Care Centres.
- Prepare and follow through with planned activities for the children;
- Guide and redirect children in situations when conflicts arise;
- Ensure a safe and clean environment that is in good repair following cleaning schedule;
- Communicate with parents, both verbally and in writing, on a regular basis;
- Communicate respectfully with staff throughout the day;
- Ensure confidentiality of parents, children and fellow staff;
- Educators will use scheduled planning time to plan activities according to the children’s interests;
- Set goals for professional development within one month of employment and annually thereafter;
- Offer excellent customer service to participants, YMCA staff and volunteers.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- Child Care Certification is an asset
- Current CPR Level-C and Standard or Child Care First Aid.
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Motivating and interacting with children.
- Excellent oral and written communication; interpersonal and team skills.
- Openness to trying new instruction methods and techniques.
- Ability to remain calm in a challenging environment.
- Willing to participate in professional development opportunities.
Closing Date: Open until suitable candidates are found.